Sr. Tax Accountant
Company: AM General
Location: South Bend
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Sr. Tax AccountantSouth Bend, IN 46617AM General LLC,headquartered
in South Bend, IN., with major facilities in nearby Mishawaka, IN.,
Auburn Hills, MI., Franklin, OH., and offices in Arlington, VA.,
designs, engineers, manufactures, supplies and supports specialized
vehicles for military and commercial customers worldwide.Through
its Military business, the company is recognized as a world leader
in the design, engineering, manufacturing and support of Light
Tactical Vehicles, having produced and sustained more than 300,000
vehicles in over 60 countries.AM Generals growing Commercial
business includes two wholly owned subsidiaries: diesel engine
manufacturer Powertrain Assembly Plant and automatic transmission
manufacturer General Transmission Products. AM General has more
than six decades of experience meeting the changing needs of the
defense and automotive industries, supported by its employees in
Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio, and a strong supplier base that
stretches across 43 states.Position Summary:This position will
prepare, file returns, and remit payments for personal/real
property taxes, payroll taxes, sales and use taxes and various
misc. taxes. The position also coordinates various tax audits with
federal/state auditors, prepares monthly JVs and account
reconciliations, and is a back-up for general ledger input. They
will also assist on special projects as assigned.Responsibilities:
- Prepare and file real/personnel property tax returns,
abatements and accruals. Supply Cost Accounting with the annual AOP
estimates for cost centers.
- Prepare and file federal/state payroll taxes, 941s, 940s, and
- Collect monthly data to prepare JVs and spreadsheets.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and make necessary
- Coordinate and gather requested data- discuss with
federal/state auditors and update company procedures.
- Prepare various miscellaneous tax returns, business license,
tire and fuel tax credits, etc.
- Prepare and file monthly sales and use tax returns.
- Discuss with federal/state agencies received notices on filing
for payroll, Form 1099, etc.
- Assist payroll in research, accounting, registering etc. with
various federal/state/local agencies.
- Back-up for general ledger input and running of general
- Special projects as assigned.
- Reconcile withholding payments to W-2s and submit annual
returns to state and local agencies.Knowledge, Skills and
- A Bachelors degree in Accounting is required for this position
along with three to five years of experience in the Tax Field.
- Moderate level of organizational skills and initiative.
- Moderate working knowledge of MS Office Products.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbal and
- Extreme accuracy in quality of work.
- Work independently.
- Moderate problem solving and leadership skills.
- Strong SAP experience.
- Strong multi-tasking and customer service skills.Physical
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger,
handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit;
reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel,
crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and or move objects up to
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and
the ability to adjust focus.Working Conditions:
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This
role routine uses standard office equipment such as computers,
phones, copiers/scanning, fax machines, and file cabinets.
Keywords: AM General, South Bend , Sr. Tax Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , South Bend, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!