Accounting Assistant III - Accounts Receivable; South Bend, IN
Company: H.B. Fuller
Location: South Bend
Posted on: May 16, 2020
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on
perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical
products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to
innovation brings together people, products and processes that
answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our
promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate
The Accounting Assistant II - Accounts Receivable directly supports
the businesses of H.B. Fuller formerly Royal Adhesives facilities,
which have annual revenue in excess of $650 million. The position
will directly support all North American locations of formerly
Royal Adhesives (12 plants), with primary responsibility for
accounts receivable (AR) processing, including cash applications,
credit and collections, and maintenance of AR processes and
* Maintain and control complete customer files with all required
* Apply cash receipts within customer accounts; reconcile cash
applied to daily bank statements.
* Process credit card payments as authorized by customers.
* Send invoices / statements to customers; upload invoices online
for select customers.
* Review / analyze AR aging reports.
* Initiate collections on past due accounts, including verbal and
written communications with customers.
* Assist in calculation of bad debt reserve.
* Maintain internal control structure; process and document tasks
in accordance with company policies and procedures, ensuring all
transactions are in accordance with GAAP.
* Perform account analysis and other duties as assigned.
* 1) Non-Degreed + 6 years general experience in finance or
accounting or 2) Associates degree in business, finance, or
accounting + 4 years general experience in finance or accounting.
(International experience a plus.)
* Proven ability to interact with employees, internal customers,
and external customers; including strong listening skills.
* Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills
* Advanced analytical skills and logical thought processes, with
the ability to identify and resolve complex issues / problems.
* Ability to organize, schedule, and prioritize individual work to
meet various schedules, objectives and strict deadlines.
* Strong business systems knowledge. Preferably SAP and/or
* Excellent communication skills to interact effectively with all
levels of the organization.
* High degree of flexibility (multi-task) and ability to work well
under deadlines and pressures.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision with high degree of
discretion and independent judgment.
* Positive and enthusiastic team player dedicated to the
achievement of department and corporate goals.
* Availability to work overtime as needed.
* Exhibit a willingness to learn and take on new
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical,
dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid
holidays. This position may also qualify for medical reimbursement
depending on the employee s annual base salary. If qualified, H.B.
Fuller will pay up to 100% of the employee s medical premium. All
employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business
performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and
This position is required to stand for long periods of time, walk,
climb stairs, use hands to remove or lift boxes, stretch and reach
with arms extended and stoop. Employees regularly lift up to 50
pounds and up to 100 pounds with assistance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency
resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not
forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B.
Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
For more information and to apply, go to:
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Keywords: H.B. Fuller, South Bend , Accounting Assistant III - Accounts Receivable; South Bend, IN, Accounting, Auditing , South Bend, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!