Vice President Internal Audit
Company: Teachers Credit Union
Location: South Bend
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Vice President Internal Audit
We are searching for an experienced Vice President Internal Audit .
Responsiblefor planning and implementing an internal, risk-based
audit program for thecredit union. Primary Responsibilities &
- Responsible for planning and implementing an internalaudit
program that assesses the risk management practices of the credit
unionand reviews the soundness, adequacy, effectiveness, and proper
application ofaccounting, financial, and operational controls
- Responsible for working closely with external auditorsand
state/federal credit union examiners to ensure the credit union is
incompliance with prescribed policies and procedures, including
requirements asset forth in laws, regulations, and generally
accepted accounting principles.
- Responsible for preparing and presenting reportsregarding audit
activities to the Supervisory Committee and the Board
- Attends and reports as necessary at credit unioninternal
- Responsiblefor leading improvement efforts to align credit
union processes and programs tostrategic objectives.
- Responsiblefor developing and managing to departmental hour and
- Responsible for managing, coaching, developing, andmotivating
internal audit staff to obtain the department's goals
- Serveas a consultant/resource for the credit union regarding
- Monitor the status of all audit/exam findings andrelated
recommendations to ensure that identified corrective actions
areimplemented in a timely manner.
- Conductand/or participate in special projects and
investigations as requested. Specific Skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret internalpolicies and
procedures, industry and technical standards and best
practices,financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to effectively present information orally andin written
form to executive management, Supervisory Committee, Board
ofDirectors, and public groups as necessary.
- Proficiencyin the application of internal audit theory,
standards, and techniques,including GAAS.
- Proficiency in accounting principles and techniques,including
- Knowledgeable in the laws, regulations, and bestpractices
applicable to financial institutions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establishfacts, and
draw valid conclusions; ability to interpret an extensive variety
oftechnical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal
with severalabstract and concrete variables.
- Literacyin computer spreadsheet, database, and audit
- Excellent supervisory and coaching/mentoring skills.
- Accountable for ensuring the credit union is meetingthe
requirements for all statutes, regulations and following
establishedpolicies and procedures.
- Accountablefor the accuracy of all reporting to various levels
of management, theSupervisory Committee, and the Board of
- Accountablefor supervisory responsibilities in accordance with
the credit union's policiesand procedures.
- BS in Accounting or related business field from a recognized
- CPA or CIA certification preferred, additional professional
- Requires working knowledge of financial institution audit
practices and systems acquired through a minimum of seven to ten
years of progressive internal audit experience, preferably in a
financial institution or accounting firm setting.
- Continuing education and community involvement required.
Exempt, - Annual Salary
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
Keywords: Teachers Credit Union, South Bend , Vice President Internal Audit, Accounting, Auditing , South Bend, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!