Catering Administrative Assistant
Company: REAL Services, Inc.
Location: South Bend
Posted on: November 24, 2022
This Part-time position is responsible for maintaining and updating
the Catering and Food Truck event information. This includes data
entry into the computer system, answering questions and booking
events, invoicing and collecting payments for events. Making sure
all accurate information is routed to the appropriate staff
preparing and delivering event services. Monthly report tracking
for Finance and other reports due to REAL Services Administration.
Additional support for other meal staff, answering phone making
sure clients are routed to the appropriate personnel.
*ESSENTIAL DUTIES *include the following:
- Answers all Catering and Food Truck inquiries
- Accurately booking all Catering and Food Truck events
- Making sure to communicate with the Catering and Food Truck Staff
all events and accurate information.
- Maintaining accurate calendar and Data entry into Database about
Catering and Food Truck Events.
- Accurately updating quotes and invoices for Events
- Collecting payments for events in a timely fashion.
- Working events as needed.
- Pulling together all supplies needed for events.
- Communicating with clients prior to events to ensure accuracy and
updating any last minute adjustments making sure all staff and
clients have accurate up to date information.
- Attending various business/bridal expo shows.
- Assisting meal staff as time allows.
- Other duties may be assigned and/or requested from time to time
in fulfilment of the agency's mission.
The job requires the application of accepted practice to individual
situations. The incumbent receives specific instruction on new
types of assignments and all work is reviewed for adherence to
guidelines and soundness of judgment. This position may be paid for
by Catering and Food Truck funding and possibly the Older
American's Act (TIIIC or TIIID).
*EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS*
- Experience working in an office environment
- Three years catering and food service experience
- Experience working with computer databases.
- Serve Safe certification is preferred but not required.
*KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED*
- Knowledge of food service and catering events
- Computer knowledge (Word, Excel & Publisher) and data entry
- Good communication skills (oral & written)
- Great customer service skills.
- Knowledge of State Health Department regulations.
- Knowledge of Community events
- *Must be organized, clean and neat*
*DIFFICULTY OF WORK*
Guidelines are well established and judgment is limited to relating
those guidelines to specific circumstances or cases. The work is
restricted in scope, but of substantial intricacy such as the
necessity to occasionally handle difficult situations quickly and
tactfully with the flexibility to use initiative and judgment;
also, using creativity in planning activities.
*PERSONAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS*
- With public and clients to explain or interpret policies.
- With staff and volunteers to maintain coordination and promote
cooperative work relationships.
*WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS*
The physical demands and work environment described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually
seated, standing, or walking at will in a typical office setting.
Some physical effort required when gathering supplies and attending
events. Sometravel to and from events required.
- Valid driver's license, company required minimum auto insurance
coverage & a dependable vehicle required.
*CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT*
- Successful candidate must submit to a pre-employment drug
screening and a limited criminal history check.
- Proof of educational credentials is required at time of
- This position has a 6 month probationary period.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $14.00 - $15.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* 4 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* South Bend, IN 46601: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Applicant must have a driver's license.
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: REAL Services, Inc., South Bend , Catering Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , South Bend, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!