Company: The Milton Home
Location: South Bend
Posted on: November 24, 2022
The Milton Home - OBJECTIVE
The Marketing position will work in accordance with established
guidelines and procedures and/or specific instructions from the
Executive Director. This position responsible for implementation of
the annual marketing activities plan, maintenance of referrals and
census goals, coordination of new resident move-ins and
participation in the facilities management team. Furthermore, the
Marketing position will provide person-centered support and
guidance to residents and their families as they transition through
the health care continuum and will collaborate with the providers
of health care.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
1. Experience in Marketing with preferably, experience in long-term
2. Possesses knowledge and understanding of case management nursing
3. Caring person with a desire to work with the frail and
4. Displays optimal intra and interdepartmental relationships.
5. Ability to establish and maintain optimum rapport with
residents, family members, providers of health care and regulatory
6. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for
tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
1. Key sales/marketing factors in achieving stable census in the
a. Create and maintain a solid referral base by developing a
sustaining relationship with social workers, case managers, and key
b. Track satisfaction surveys to address issues that may lead to
negative impressions of a patients stay at the facility.
c. Monitor conversion rates i.e.; referrals to admits to ensure
d. Assure that referrals are clinically reviewed on a timely
e. Turnaround referral acceptance or denials to social workers as
quickly as possible (30 min. turnaround when possible).
f. As schedule permits visits with accepted referrals to assure
g. Follow-up on referrals to SW/Case managers to obtain update on
h. Maintain weekly referral and sales logs.
i. Plan presentations/luncheons/dinners with SW/Discharge planners
throughout fiscal year.
j. Have knowledge of the different payor sources to include
Medicare, Medicaid, and Managed Care and correlate the implication
of each payor source.
k. Possess strong knowledge of the facility; about provisions of
care that can be rendered and promote the facility as the best
place a family can place their loved one.
2. Analysis of marketing region
a. Identify organizational mission to assure adherence to it.
b. Analyze market area to identify the community and its needs.
c. Identify the competition/their strengths and weaknesses - how do
d. Gather information on main referral sources i.e.: hospitals,
home health agencies, practicing physician groups, hospices,
assisted living complexes.
e. Gather strong analytic information on area hospitals i.e.;
specialties - how can we meet hospital discharge needs.
f. Become a viable partner with the area hospitals to transition
residents adequately through the continuum of care.
3. Community outreach
a. Identify major senior community organizations.
b. Develop relationship with key leaders in those organizations and
take active part in their programming.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee may encounter while performing
the essential functions of this job.
1. The work environment is warm, well-lighted, open and subject to
2. Exposure to blood, body tissue of fluids.
3. Exposure to hazardous waste materials, dust and loud or
4. At times, the marketing position will interact with co-workers
and residents from varying socioeconomic, ethnic, cultural and
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
1. Ability to endure prolonged walking, sitting, standing, use of
pulling, bending, and stooping movements.
2. Ability to adapt to changes in daily work hours and
3. Ability to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time through
duration of workday.
4. Ability to speak clearly and make self-understood.
5. Ability to keep attention on tasks; routinely interrupted.
6. Ability to understand a variety of concepts/approaches.
7. Ability to remember tasks/assignments.
8. Ability to work beyond regularly scheduled shift (overtime) when
SAFE WORK PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
The safety of employees, residents, and visitors is of paramount
importance to our facility. Our workplace safety program will be
incorporated as the standard of practice for this organization.
Compliance with these safe work expectations will be required of
all employees as a condition of employment. Our organization focus
will hold all employees accountable for safety performance equal
with quality and production expectations.
Employees will be expected to:
1. Follow correct policy and procedures for department and facility
Fire/Disaster/Missing Person Plan. Know the location of fire alarms
2. Follow correct policy and procedure for hand washing.
3. Follow guidelines for proper method of lifting.
4. All doorways, hallways and areas are to be kept clear.
5. Know the location and purpose of Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
6. Follow guidelines for department environment and safety
7. Follow guidelines for safe handling, inspection, maintenance and
storage of equipment. Report any malfunction of equipment.
8. Follow guidelines for safe handling and storage of all food
9. Follow guidelines for safe handling and storage of chemicals and
10. Follow correct policy and procedure for reporting of incidents:
staff, residents, etc.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of
this position. However, this job description in no way states or
implies that these are the only duties you may be required to
perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not
exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or
can be considered essential to this position.
Keywords: The Milton Home, South Bend , Marketing Director, Advertising , South Bend, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!