IT Infrastructure Engineer
Company: American Electric Power
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job Description:Position: IT Infrastructure EngineerDepartment:
Information TechnologyLocation: DC Cook Nuclear Plant, Bridgman,
MITo apply, resumes -MUST BE -submitted via email to: -. - This is
a contract position.Job DescriptionWe are looking for an IT
Infrastructure Engineer to work at our client's site located in
Bridgman, MI for a full time contract position. - As an IT
Infrastructure Engineer, you will participate in evaluation,
analysis, and recommendation of technical computing products. - In
this position, you will work independent with minimal direction
from senior staff. - You are someone who exhibits a high-level of
proficiency in system administration and possesses hands-on
knowledge of advanced functions and features. - This work is
performed primarily in the office with some work in the plant
buildings. - We are seeking local candidates only, no relocation or
per diem offered. - - - -Job Details/Essential Job Functions:
- Provide technical product support including response to user
questions, installation, system monitoring, testing, problem
diagnosis, tracking, resolution, and routine maintenance.
- Assist with the delivery of technical services including
preparation of system requirements, alternative solutions, and
- Participate in the preparation of technical procedures,
documentation, manuals, and reports.
- Maintain technical knowledge and understanding of client
- May assist in coordinating some work assignments of staff
within a workgroup.
- Understand and follow corporate policies, standards,
procedures, goals and enabling characteristics.Job RequirementsThe
ideal candidate will have the following qualifications: -
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field, or
equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Four or more years of related experience.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Windows end user and server
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Active Directory/DHCP/DNS/GPO,
Server Virtualization Technologies, and Information Security
- Be able to pass criminal background, drug/alcohol screen
(including medical and recreational marijuana as well as CBD oil),
and employment testing.
- Are a candidate local to the area.Salary Information:TBD (this
is a long term contract position)no relocation cost or per
Keywords: American Electric Power, South Bend , IT Infrastructure Engineer, Engineering , Bridgman, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!