Posted on: June 22, 2022
- The Vehicle Engineer is responsible for engineering and
designing New Client Vehicles from start to finish.
- Will be responsible for the design and integration of all
vehicle systems found in today's wheelchair accessible vehicles and
set the overall development strategy, maintaining corporate
- Engineer, design and develop new vehicle conversions in CAD
- Design Mechanism, Suspensions, Structures and Closures (doors &
- Plan for design, procurement, assembly, and validation
requirements that align with overall Project Timing, Stage Gate
(APQP) and Mitigation Strategies.
- Ensure vehicle Designs & Systems conform to budgeted Quality
and Cost targets.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Manufacturing,
Quality, Sales, Portfolio) to assure vehicle designs account for
- Suggest Low-cost Design alternatives, Common Designs and
- Build and design prototype vehicles.
- Constantly improve designs, processes, and timing, maintaining
- Participate in design reviews to assure all vehicle conversions
are developed and engineered to meet or exceed requirements.
- Review designs with peers for good design practices and any
anticipated design concerns.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Mechanism Design knowledge is a most, expertise preferred, and
how to integrate it into the design, considering all Tolerances
- Understanding of Vehicle Engineering and Integration. Must know
what is required for a reliable design.
- Proficiency in Structural Design, sheet metal fabrication,
welding processes, LEAN principles.
- Understanding of fuel, exhaust, cooling and braking systems,
materials and industry standards
- Experience in with vehicle compartments like Closures &
- Knowledge of materials and benefits of utilizing one type over
- Solid working knowledge of quality, design and validation tools
including FEA, DFA/M, DOE, D/PFMEA, DVP&R, problem solving (8D
or similar), GD&T and Tolerance Stack-up.
- Must be detail-oriented and a self-starter.
- Must possess the ability to function well under the demands of
project due dates
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills needed
- Well organized, accurate and possesses a strong attention to
- Demonstrated ability to effectively solve and analyze
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Prototype fabrication and welding knowledge preferred
- Windows (computer), Outlook (email), Inventor, AutoCad, Vault,
MS Office, and Epicor (ERP)
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years work experience in automotive design is
- Previous assembly plant launch experience preferred
- Dimensional Management and Understanding of GD&T
- Experience with Mechanism, Steel and Aluminum part design and
Keywords: RGBSI, South Bend , Vehicle Engineer, Engineering , Winamac, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!