Posted on: August 5, 2022
Are you a motivated Manufacturing Engineer who wants to make an
impact? Are you driven to grow and improve both yourself, the team,
and the company you work for? Do you want to be challenged to solve
problems and produce medical products that improve people s lives?
If so, read on
This critical role will support the site with responsibility for
engineering process development, sustainment, improvement, and
supporting overall operations growth and profitability.
The role requires the above to be accomplished within Tecomet s
principles of continuous improvement, customer driven innovation
and a win first culture, while meeting company financial and other
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide ownership of manufacturing documentation - BOMs, Item
Masters, Routings, In Process Drawings, Programs
- Own and lead PFMEAs - partner with quality team on control
plans and ensuring measurement systems are in place meeting or
exceeding process requirements. Partner with customer or internal
design teams on DFMEA inputs as well as working with outputs.
- Provide oversight for tooling - perishable and
- Partner with quality on gauges & measurement systems
- Equipment - partner with maintenance team to ensure assets are
properly maintained and fit for duty - support TPM deployment
- CAPEX - Support capital equipment planning, evaluation, and
specification for the site and be interface with Tecomet
Group/Corporate CAPEX process.
- Project management - Plan, lead and/or support site level
projects including new equipment, NPI, process design, transfers,
and lean process improvement.
- Process support - Be the primary support function for
production, troubleshooting and providing required support to
maintain production safety, quality, delivery, and
- Be an active ME team member on NPI efforts involving the
- Conduct manufacturing estimating for quotations ensuring
standard methods and approach used including time studies,
research, and testing as needed.
- Drive continuous process improvement in setup times as well as
cycle times to improve productivity and throughput in assigned
areas of responsibility.
- Perform other related duties as required or directed.
- BS Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Manufacturing
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment including
precision machining. Assembly experience a plus.
- Project Management training and/or certification ideal (ex:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of CAD software (Solidworks preferred) -
ability to design tooling and fixturing as well as generate in
- CNC programming and machining experience - milling (vertical)
required (horizontal a plus). Turning, swiss, mill-turn experience
are all favorable as well.
- Knowledge of CAM systems (MasterCAM preferred) and ability to
do CNC programming and machining process development.
- Working knowledge of stainless steels and titanium
- Experience with project management - assessing, planning,
executing, and closing
- Working knowledge and expertise in new product and process
introduction (NPPI) and validation (PPAP, PFMEA/DFMEA, etc).
Experience in medical or aerospace environments are ideal.
- Experience with problem solving and driving root cause
solutions (RCCM, 8D, DMAIC, etc).
- Manufacturing engineering fundamentals - engineering drawing
and specification interpretation, GD&T, equipment design, and
- Basic lean and/or industrial engineering knowledge and
experience - process flow, equipment and line layout, ergonomics,
- Basic ERP knowledge - able to create and maintain basic
manufacturing documentation (routings, BOMs, item masters,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to
communicate technical information to both technical and
- Goal oriented and able to complete assignments on time with
significant latitude and self-direction while exercising sound
The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs
in comparable organizations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee could be
required to stand. The employee could frequently be required to
walk; use hand to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and
arms and talk or hear. The employee could be required to sit; climb
or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee could
occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by the job could include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA):
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer / Protected
Veterans / Disabilities / Drug Free Workplace
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be
construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and
skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do
not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change
at the discretion of the Company.
Keywords: Tecomet, South Bend , MANUFACTURING ENGINEER, Engineering , Leesburg, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!