Company: Sterling Engineering, Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Perform engineering duties in planning, designing and debugging of
schematics and software for automated machinery and other
mechanically functioning equipment. -
1. Continuously improves processes and delivers conforming quality
products and services to internal/external customers - 2. Detailed
designs - 3. Coding and programming (PLC / HMI)4. CAD design /
drafting - 5. Concept development - 6. Process development - 7.
Feasibility - 8. Shop / floor project resource / problem resolution
- 9. Maintain a safe work environment - 10. Interface with
mechanical design - 11. Troubleshooting problems - 12. Brainstorm
alternatives - 13. May require exposure to prototype testing and
rework associated with new inventions - 14. Work with other
engineers and take a lead role at times for prototype development -
15. Provides customer service - 16. Provides technical assistance
to Quoting Department - 17. Streamline designs with independent
contractors, engineering consultants, design firms and programming
services - 18. Analyzes customer requirements - 19. Documentation -
20. Participates in line up meetings - 21. Lead, attend and provide
input on concepts and design review meetings - 22. Vendor quotation
- 23. Generates reports - 24. Participates in training - 25.
Investigates / researches new projects -
1. Bachelor' s degree in Electrical Engineering or related is
1. Should have strong organizational / prioritization skills - 2.
Interpersonal / communications (written and verbal) skills - 3.
Five (5) + years' experience in controls system design and PLC /
HMI programming4. Creative problem-solving skills - 5. Proficient
in PLC programming, robots, and vision systems - 6. Familiarity
with AutoCAD - 7. Ability to travel when necessary
Keywords: Sterling Engineering, Inc., South Bend , Controls Engineer, Engineering , Bridgman, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!