Metallurgical Test Engineer II
Location: South Bend
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of
thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who
make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly
way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even
making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things.
That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic
career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future? At Honeywell, our people
are driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our
people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive
advantage. We are a leading global aviation supplier designing,
manufacturing, and distributing advanced electronic systems,
products, and services to commercial, defense and space industries.
The primary role is to conduct material analyses and Failure
Investigations of various aircraft Engine / Wheel / Brake
components and system accessories. You will work closely with the
investigative team associated with each failure occurrence. Aspects
of the job include planning, coordinating, and conducting the
failure analysis and communicating (verbal and written) the results
to the investigative team. Also requires active participation in
and support of the component investigation (CI) group's activities,
goals, and high-performance metrics. Will also support activities
of other areas of the Materials Engineering lab when workload
Honeywell Metallography Engineers are responsible to perform
metallurgical analysis on many types of aerospace materials
providing expertise for internal customers to understand the
characteristics of materials and applicable manufacturing
processes. This engineering role provides hands-on metallographic
and related laboratory analysis and documentation for Honeywell
We're looking for a person who handles change with a positive
attitude, can juggle multiple competing priorities to reach goals,
can work in a team environment to achieve team goals, can be
flexible with work schedules and hours, and willing to accept any
materials lab needs with diligence and a positive attitude. A
person fulfilling this position will perform the majority of their
own sample preparation and analysis in response to customers'
objectives. YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's degree in Material Engineering, Material Science, or
- Minimum of 2 years direct experience in mechanical failure
analysis and metallography
- Must be US citizen due to contractual requirements WE VALUE
- Master's degree.
- Strong background in advanced alloy metallurgy and
- SCA in Metallography for applicable local NADCAP test
- Experience in an aerospace materials lab with primary focus in
metallurgy/metallographic and/or SEM knowledge areas.
- Sufficient depth of experience and knowledge of (1) aerospace
materials used in metallurgical evaluations, (2) manufacturing
processes used in aerospace, (3) metallographic techniques as
applied to various materials and evaluations to perform all
engineering materials lab activities independently.
- Demonstrated oral and written presentation and report
documentation ability which conveys confidence in subject matter
sufficient to influence decisions of more experienced peers and
- Contributes to materials and/or laboratory specification
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with product
qualification processes such as fixed process substantiation and
controlled process machining.
- Demonstrated tactical communication and workflow management to
meet commitments, communicate with appropriate people at
appropriate times, and support overall team objectives for schedule
- Solid understanding of laboratory quality practices and
- Supports team objectives with positive attitude, willingness to
work routine jobs, maintenance of broad lab skills ensuring
versatility, flexibility to work irregular work hours.
- Recognized authority in area of expertise with wide versatility
of experience and capability.
- Contributes with some leadership to the improvement of
technical and process failure analysis elements.
- Able to efficiently resolve ambiguous project objectives where
significant complexity exists.
- Actively and openly mentors others in failure analysis within
local team. Often involved in training, development and mentoring
of less experienced engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to influence Chiefs, Fellows, and Product
Integrity through expertise in mechanical failure analysis.
- JOB ID: HRD183012
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 3520 Westmoor St,South Bend,Indiana United
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements. Global
(ALL) Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed,
color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
Keywords: Honeywell, South Bend , Metallurgical Test Engineer II, Engineering , South Bend, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!