Lead Engineering Technician
Location: South Bend
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of
thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who
make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly
way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even
making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things.
That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic
career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future? The individual will
function as a technical resource for carbon / carbon composite
friction materials for Aerospace brake applications. The successful
candidate may provide technical support for design and
manufacturing in one or more of the following areas; molding, heat
treat, resin densification, fiber properties of carbon composites.
Responsibilities will include developing the capability of
characterizing material behavior as a function of manufacturing
practice and chemistry, an applied understanding of failure
analysis methodology leading to an understanding of how various
processes affect part durability. Key Responsibilities
- Basic knowledge of CNC machining, grinding and sample
preparation of materials testing sections.
- Knowledge of working with composite materials in a lab and
- Familiarity with standard materials characterization
techniques, including optical microscopy.
- Broad level knowledge in any of the following process areas:
fiber preforms, carbonization, high temperature heat treatment,
chemical vapor deposition (CVD), random fiber molding and
structural preforms, pitch densification, high temperature
antioxidant coating systems and friction and wear performance of
- Demonstrated ability to manage the Preventative Maintenance /
Gage Calibration in LIMS.
- Ability to lift light loads. YOU MUST HAVE
- High School Diploma
- 1 year laboratory experience
- Must be US citizen due to contractual requirements WE VALUE
- Bachelor of Science degree in Materials Science, Chemistry or
- Established expertise with standard materials characterization
techniques, including but not limited to optical microscopy of NW3
First Cycle Carbon, CTOL, STOVL, 767, and 777 Platforms
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and
- Experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks
- Ability and or experience in planning and conducting materials
characterization investigations and projects
- Experience with statistical tools to analyze data and the
associated computer skills (i.e., MINITAB)
- Computer literate using common software (MS Word, Excel, Power
- Ability to facilitate interpersonal relationships, resolves
conflicts tactfully, confidently, quickly, & positively influence
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little
supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things
done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by
- Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face
of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected Additional
- JOB ID: HRD183019
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 3520 Westmoor St,South Bend,Indiana United
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements. Global
(ALL) Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed,
color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
Keywords: Honeywell, South Bend , Lead Engineering Technician, Engineering , South Bend, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!