Company: Brinco Manufacturing Inc
Posted on: March 13, 2023
This position is located in Bristol, IN.Who We Are:
Brinco manufactures world class steel cast parts to the North
American railroad industry. Our castings are made using American
steel by American Women and Men. Come help us build parts for one
of the oldest, most trustworthy transportation methods in the
We are committed to....
Providing our Associates with a safe, clean, manufacturing
facility, in a stress-free environment of mutual respect with the
opportunity for their continued advancement.What We Offer:
- Safety 1st Organization
- Company paid Healthcare benefits for you and your
- Competitive pay practices with shift differentials
- Onsite Cafeteria/Market with Daily Meal Allowance!
- 401k Program with Day One eligibility
- Progressive career development
- Employee assistance program and education assistance
- Best practice paid time off policies and holiday pay
- Open communication, recognition programs, and team-building
What You'll Do:
As the Quality Engineer, you will create, implement, monitor, and
track the overall processes, procedures, and training for the
Quality and Inspection areas to ensure the material quality and
regulatory compliance guidelines/goals are met.Your
- Leads day to day activities of the Quality/Inspection team,
including recruiting, and management of all team members by
mentoring/training and handling employee relations to ensure the
team understands the job requirements and are in
- Handles customer interactions both internal and external
ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Oversees all welding and NDT (non-destructive testing)
activities to ensure the processes/procedures meet all
- Develops, creates work instructions, processes and implements
policies, ensuring accurate tracking and compliance for MPI (Mag
Particle Inspection), Welding, Gaging and NDT.
- Trains, mentors and provides guidance for NDT and Welding, to
ensure all team members fully understand requirements and are in
compliance for these areas.
- Monitors and tracks the Welding team training and certification
process to provide direction on additional training needs for
testing/welding techniques and to ensure Welder Certifications are
up to date.
- Education: An Associate's Degree in a technical field or
equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience: 3+ years of experience overseeing the Quality
Inspection, Welding and NDT processes within a heavy manufacturing
environment. AAR M-1003 experience helpful.
- Certification(s): NDT Certification
- Functional Skills: Highly technical aptitude with a high level
of expertise with quality inspection, MPI, welding, nondestructive
testing methodologies, techniques and technologies; highly detail
oriented with a strong ability to interpret data, analyze images
and materials. Technology Aptitude/Skills: Solid computer skills,
with experience in MS Office products, ERP experience
- Language Skills: Strong verbal and written communication
skills. This role requires the ability to create effective written
processes and procedures that are clear, accurate and
- Leadership/Behaviors: High compliance, safety oriented, high
quality and customer focus with strong collaboration skills to
effectively implement processes and procedures to reach material
quality goals; able to effectively problem-solve and make solid
decisions; conceptual thinker who can continually make enhancements
within the area. Excellent skills in mentoring and training
Other Important Information:
Pay Programs: Pay is commensurate with proven expertise!
- And, the compensation will grow as the team member grows!
Reports To: Quality Manager & Metallurgist
Core Hours: 7 am - 4 pm
Typical Work Week: M-F; some weekends required; 45 hours a week on
Direct Reports: N/A; Works with other departments as needed.
Travel: 5% or less
- Work Conditions: The employee is regularly exposed to an office
and manufacturing environment with moderate noise.
- The employee is occasionally required to wear suitable Personal
Protective Equipment while visiting manufacturing departments, such
as metatarsal steel-toed shoes required, safety glasses, hard hat,
and ear plugs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Brinco Manufacturing Inc, South Bend , Quality Engineer, Engineering , Bristol, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...