Company: JVIS USA
Location: Benton Harbor
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Summary: -The Quality Engineer is primarily responsible for the
ensuring adherence to quality standards and procedures as outlined
in the QA Manual.Responsibilities:
- Establish, monitor and follow-up on required product
- Benchmark requirements to assure product design, intent,
function and integrity.
- Determine appropriate preventative quality assurance
- Assess performance against requirements.
- Assist with creating, updating and maintaining Quality
Documentation, Customer Contact Reports, Customer Sort reports,
Information Relating to Concerns, Procedures, etc.
- Participate in cross functional teams in the pursuit of problem
solving and mistake proofing quality problems.
- Interface with the customer representative concerning
non-conforming material/disposition along with appropriate
internal/external supplier problem analysis and corrective action
activities (8D, etc.)
- Assist with preparation and participation for customer surveys
resulting in desired approvals.
- Develop visual standard system criteria for use in
- Assist Quality Manager in planning facilities improvements and
capital equipment requirements.
- Responsible for following all internal and OSHA required safety
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Communicate production and quality issues/concerns with
employees and supervision whenever necessary
- Maintain compliance of IATF 16949 / ISO 9001 / ISO 14001.
- Input / maintain all customer portals on all quality related
activities (scorecards, PPAP submissions / dates, etc).
- Logs all internal / external concerns on CATS matrix log.
- Attends all PDT's meetings as established.
- Implements all documentation required for PSW customer
approvals (i.e PPAP Package).
- Other related duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Minimum of two years inspection experience in an automotive
injection molding environment.
- Minimum of two years' experience in a Quality Assurance
- Knowledge of Quality Systems and standards. Experience in
QS9000, PPAP, APQP, SPC, MSA, FEMA, QOS and 8D Problem
- Current training in metrology practices (i.e. caliper,
- Color Acuity, Knowledge of Macbeth Optiview software color
- Proficient with Microsoft office (i.e. Excel, Word and Power
- Direct working knowledge of General blueprint reading and
capable of performing Gage R&R..
- Familiar with IATF 16949 requirements (Certified Internal
- People orientated (proactive, team player). Excellent
interpersonal and writing skills.
- Must have experience in FCA, GM, Ford, Covisint Customer
- Regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, and walk.
- Occasionally bend, squat, reach, twist/turn and lift up to 10
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability
to adjust focus.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.You should be proficient in:
- Quality Inspection Experience
- ISO 9001 Certification Experience
- Quality Control Data Analysis
- Injection Molding Experience
- PPAP Process Experience
- ISO 14001 Certification ExperienceSalary info:$31 - $36 /
Keywords: JVIS USA, South Bend , Quality Engineer, Engineering , Benton Harbor, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...