Company: John Crane
Location: Morton Grove
Posted on: October 20, 2018
About UsJohnCrane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2017 revenue was greater than 1.1 Billion USD (885m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.Job DescriptionTo support Gas Seal Customers both Internal and External Gas Seal Operations in all technical aspects of gas seal / compressor related issues. Ensure that customers are technically supported and that Central Support Team financial targets are commercially supported. Failure analysis and when required Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to identify deficiencies with control systems, etc.
- Work with customers (internal & external) & conduct RCA sessions to resolve seal related issues. Supervise seal inspections and generate technical reliability reports. Recommend and follow through seals upgrades and commercial opportunities.
- Be able to travel worldwide at short notice with the ability to work in a diverse range of site conditions.
- Project manage multiple in parallel jobs to conclusion ensuring appropriate feedback into the organization and to the customer in a timely manner. Commercially aware and can demonstrate high levels of technical understanding.
- Capable of conducting site surveys and discussing technical recommendations to improve total reliability. Comfortable with producing and presenting high level presentations and the ability to effectively manage stakeholders.
- The ability to identify problems and design/develop resolutions to the customers satisfaction. Able to work alongside customers and our supply base to resolve and prevent issues.
- Additional duties as assignedPosition Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering discipline
- Must have a valid passport and be able to travel as needed to customer sites up to 30-40% customer sites
- Minimum 5 years experience required with rotating equipment including failure analysis and an understanding of FEA/CFD and rotor dynamic analysis
- Ability to perform complex/increase calculations required
- Intermediate use of CSTEDY is preferred
- Compiling and writing of technical reports to a high standard
- Ability to present information of a technical nature to customers
- Project management or similar experience requiredPhysical/Mental Requirements
- Must be able to sit for extend periods of time; a minimum of 2 hours.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the office, shop, warehouse, or manufacturing plant
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist, and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment.
- Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives, changing priorities and reassign priorities to complete assignments.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.EHS Requirements
- Complete all work in a safe manner and follow all safety requirements consistent with supporting the Companys goals.
- Lifting guidelines in accordance with the Manual Lifting Guidelines noted in the Safety Handbook.
- Follow all environmental requirements consistent with supporting the companys environmental performance goals.
- Complete, and actively participate in all other EHS training requirementsWork EnvironmentWork environment is typically considered within a Smiths location during normal or extended business hours to include offices, manufacturing plants and repair facilities. Work environment may also include customer sites including oil well sites, and meeting venues.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and approved PPE is required when on the factory floorEEOIt is the policy of John Crane to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local LAW. In addition, John Crane will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Associated topics: automotive, cae, bsme, chassis, design, fluid, naval, thermal, turbomachinery, vehicle
Keywords: John Crane, South Bend , Reliability Engineer, Engineering , Morton Grove, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!