Process Engineer - Chemicals
Company: H.B. Fuller
Location: South Bend
Posted on: September 13, 2019
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on
perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical
products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to
innovation brings together people, products and processes that
answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our
promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate
Location: South Bend, IN
The Process Engineer will be responsible for technical process
support and driving manufacturing productivity by improving process
efficiencies, reducing wastes, improving quality and increasing
* Drive / Lead Process improvement projects related to productivity
efficiencies, reducing waste, improving quality and safety
improvement. Accomplish utilizing financial & statistical analysis
and lean techniques.
* Assist in adjustments of off-spec. material and provide technical
advice on formulations. Overall goal is to reduce to 1 adjustment
or less per batch.
* Provide recommendations for formulation and mix procedure
improvement to reduce waste and improve efficiencies.
* Coordinate trials and assist with new equipment startup.
* Assist / lead customer concerns and reducing product defects
* Development of standardized work procedures and provide necessary
* Prepare various reports documenting trial results, monthly
* Additional Skills - Project Management Skills, Team Oriented and
* Standard day shift position with ability to work off-shifts as
needed by project requirements
* Bachelor s degree in Chemical Engineering
* Minimum 3 years experience in specialty chemicals, adhesives or
* Lean experience preferred
* Experience with process improvement and technical problem
* Familiar with mixing & packaging equipment, filters and control
* Familiar with statistical methods of analysis and trouble
* Effective written and verbal communication skills for internal
and external interaction
* Ability to independently manage projects to successful
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical,
dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid
holidays. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus,
based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on
company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency
resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not
forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B.
Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
For more information and to apply, go to:
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Keywords: H.B. Fuller, South Bend , Process Engineer - Chemicals, Engineering , South Bend, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!