Director of Financial Aid
Company: ivy tech community college of indiana
Location: South Bend
Posted on: February 15, 2020
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting
- Implement the college-wide policies for the financial aid
programs, including need analysis, verification of financial
information, packaging of aid, disbursement of funds, and
supervision of the veterans' benefit programs, etc.
- Establish and maintain the financial aid program as an integral
part of the student affairs program of the College.
- Interpret regulations for administration of programs.
- Insure proper utilization of the automated system and integrate
office procedures to effectively manage student aid programs within
an automated system.
- Account for financial aid files for audits.
- Maintain records in compliance with federal/state and
- Complete reports as required for federal and state aid
programs, as well as reports b the College.
- Coordinate the administration of the College's financial aid
program with Central Office.
- Participate in college-wide training, on committees, and the
development of policies and procedures.
- Serve as a liaison to outside agencies (such as Voc. Rehab.,
Workforce Development, Welfare Dept.) to communicate financial aid
information regarding their clients.
- Maintain budgetary control on all financial aid funds including
grants, scholarships, loans and college work-study.
- Conduct all activities within the established guidelines of the
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- The above list of duties is not to be construed as an
exhaustive list.-- Other duties logically associate with the
position may be assigned.
- Develop and maintain financial aid information for current and
prospective students in coordination wit the overall marketing plan
of the college.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive financial aid outreach
plan to students and staff including on and off-campus
presentations and workshops.
- Provide proper training and updates on financial aid for office
staff such as BANNER, need analysis, packaging, counseling,
- Continually look for opportunities to streamline and improve
processes to enhance the student experience.
- Identify and assist in developing new sources of financial aid
funding (This includes establishing awarding procedures for the
- Represent the College at professional financial aid meetings,
counselor workshops, College Goal Sunday, and high school
- Develop and maintain a Default Management Plan and monitor its
- Customer Service:
- Provide strong customer service and/or student advocacy as
demonstrated through a positive attitude of approach-ability,
adaptability, strong problem solving and desire to identify and
support student success.
- Act as a liaison to staff/faculty/administration outside of the
Financial Aid Office.
- Engage in behaviors that create an inclusive environment in
which all people are valued and supported.
- Does not stop with the first or easiest answer to a customer,
but gets to the root cause of the problem, question, or issue to
solve it as quickly and professionally as possible.
- This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties
logically associated with this position may be assigned. All
responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), other applicable
regulatory requirements, and professional standards.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a business discipline or
- Five years of financial aid experience with three or more years
of supervisory experience and experience with data management
information systems and financial aid operations are
- Fully supports the College's mission and strategic plan
- Substantial experience with Financial Aid systems experience in
improving processes, strategic thinking and being able to see the
Keywords: ivy tech community college of indiana, South Bend , Director of Financial Aid, Executive , South Bend, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!