Regional Sales Manager - Foodservice
Company: Smithfield Foods, Inc
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Smithfield Foods Regional Sales Manager - Foodservice in
Syracuse, New York - Careers at (Corporate) Remote Skip to Main
Content Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in
your browser to experience all the personalized features of this
site, including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page
Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in! Regional Sales
Manager - Foodservice Job ID 2021-16275 Job Locations
US-NY-Syracuse - US-NY-Albany - US-PA-Pittsburgh - US-NY-Buffalo
Category Sales FLSA Status Full-Time Category Exempt Type Corporate
- Day Shift Job Locations US-NY-Syracuse
US-NY-Buffalo Your Opportunity The Regional Sales Manager is
responsible for achieving assigned regional sales goals and growth
through effective sales planning and execution. Works with members
of the sales chain to achieve sales targets. Emphasizes growth
through development of new customers as well as the maintenance and
growth of existing customers. Introduces and places new products
with customers, executes organizational initiatives and drives
sales of key items with strategic customers for long-term growth.
Collaborates directly with our broker partners to drive--consumer
packaged--goods--execution, distribution and new item placement in
respective territory. Core Responsibilities Increase Distribution
of Product Lines
- Manages Smithfield's Broker relationships to increase
distribution of product lines.
- Trains and monitors the sales activities of Broker
representatives to ensure consistency in selling products.
- Plans for regional sales and assists with sales proposal
developments, sales presentations and sales calls.
- Provides sales training to Brokers on new and existing products
for sales presentations.
- Directs broker team thru meeting attendance and works within
market to drive company initiatives in store. Maintain and Increase
- Meets directly with customers and key decision makers to
maintain and increase sales of Smithfield products.
- Develops and makes formal presentations and/or proposals.
- Provides samples and may demonstrate the use of specific items
as part of the sales process.
- Determines and drives execution of key programs based on
regions' needs and requirements (sales incentives, account specific
marketing programs, etc.). Sales Plans
- Implements and executes Smithfield sales plans to promote
- Customizes plans to meet the local and regional marketing
- Assists sales and brokers in developing and executing sales
promotions of products.
- Utilizes syndicated data and all resources to drive sales
plans. Meet Sales Objectives
- Maintains coordination with integral company functions to
ensure sales objectives are met. The above statements are intended
to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as
assigned. Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited four-year
college or university--and 7+ years' relevant experience; or
equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ years' experience in a position of leadership to
include team development and management, required.
- Must understand the dynamics of the Consumer Packaged Goods
- Must have a solid understanding of customer focused and fact
based selling, including IRI, Neilsen and Perishable Group
- Understanding of product cuttings - comfort and knowledge of
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills,
organizational planning, teamwork, analytical reasoning, and
- Knowledge and experience with Apple software, Microsoft Excel,
- SAP experience, preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- May travel up to 75% of the time.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while
building strong working relationships and a positive work
environment. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and guidance to Senior Sales Account
Managers, Sales Account Managers or Sales Representatives.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.
EEO/AA Information Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer
committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender
identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled
individual or any other protected group status or non-job
characteristic as directed by law. Options Apply for this job
online Apply Share Sorry the Share function is not working properly
at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share
on your newsfeed Loading... Application FAQs Software Powered by
Keywords: Smithfield Foods, Inc, South Bend , Regional Sales Manager - Foodservice, Executive , Syracuse, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!