Plant Human Resouces Manager
Company: PointOne Recruiting Solutions
Location: Saint Joseph
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular About the job Our $450M
manufacturing client is seeking a Human Resources Manager for the
St. Joseph, MI manufacturing location. This role will act as the
primary contact for all Human Resources functions, employee
relations, and union relations. Additionally, the Human Resources
Manager will develop and administer various Human Resources plans
and procedures for all personnel. Primary Responsibilities:
- Engaging with manufacturing associates on the manufacturing
- Strategically align the workforce to meet the goals of the
organization. Manage salaried and hourly recruiting efforts.
- Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the department.
Participates in developing department goals, objectives and
- Implements and annually updates the compensation program;
rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary
surveys and develops merit pool (salary budget); analyzes
compensation; monitors the performance evaluation program and
revises as necessary.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and
procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and
procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims
resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment,
annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness,
information activities program and cash flow.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1
annually; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to
- Conducts new-employee orientations; Implement/monitor
career-path program and employee relations counseling; conducts
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports.
Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other
meetings, as necessary.
- Maintains organizational charts and employee directory.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department
initiatives in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect
continual improvements in efficiency of department and services
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment
- Proficient in handling employee relations issues.
- Proficient in union negotiations, labor relations, and
grievance processes. Experience: 5-10 year of experience within
Human Resources Management with a strong focus in Union Relations.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Human Resource Management, Business
Administration, Psychology or related field. Skills:
- Proficiency to manage employee relations, union and non
- Capacity to lead cross functional teams
- Ability to develop and maintain policies and programs
Keywords: PointOne Recruiting Solutions, South Bend , Plant Human Resouces Manager, Executive , Saint Joseph, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!