Company: LEER Group
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Position: Program ManagerThe Program Manager is responsible
for leading the Cross-functional project teams and business metrics
in the execution of a variety of projects ranging from continuous
improvement of existing products to the development and
implementation of new components, processes and products. This
position will be responsible for leading major and complex product
development projects from conception through completion. Particular
emphasis will be placed on leading the Engineering and new product
development tasks and assignments, and will rely on detailed
project engineering deliverables. The successful candidate will be
a key stakeholder in the development and implementation of products
into the market and the processes to ensure on cost, on time and
high performance commercialization. This position must drive
ownership of the product pipeline from all aspects of talent
management to value propositions and business
- Develop and implement projects/programs in multiple products,
including new products and evolutionary features.
- Manage resources and deliverables with internal talent and
- Develop and execute project schedules, based on requirements
and market needs.
- Own project definition, business metrics and project management
of multiple projects and teams.
- Lead engineering in a methodical and fact-based process, as
well as cross-functional support teams from concept to completion
of the project, including lessons learned and their application.
Accountable for the daily results and performance of engineering
members of the project team.
- Own development and implementation of process to support
product performance, quality and on time delivery (QCD).
- Train, and mentor other Engineers and supporting staff,
especially in the areas of product development process and project
- Input and assessments of project team members for performance
- Develop and manage schedules of all functions to ensure timely
- Ensure APQP compliance during engineering development
activities, as well as interface deliverables.
- Manage access to trucks and OE CAD data via various avenues
including SEMA and direct contact with OEM representatives.
- Insure mold shop/production tooling schedules are aligned to
project schedules, as well as insure supplier tooling and
production readiness activities are coordinated to meet project
- Benchmark competitor's products, produce technical, and market
analysis as needed during early stages of projects.
- Utilize and coordinate robust product designs practices within
- Interface with customers to obtain technical requirements and
engineering specifications (QFD and related activities).
- Own all aspects of product development from charter and Voice
of Customer to production and market readiness - including
installation guides with training for sales and customer service
personnel to ensure market launch success.
- Lead (directly and indirectly) all aspects of engineering
(process, procedure, costed BOMs, product standards, etc.) within a
product development team environment.
- Carry out cross-functional assignments and projects as
- Support safety initiatives, policies and procedures to ensure
plant operations are safe and consistent with company standards and
help reduce accidents and injuries.
- Exemplify and foster teamwork within the company. Promptly
respond to concerns, issues, and suggestions and acts to ensure
positive employee relations.
- Ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements and
specifications imposed by the company, the customer and/or the
- Other duties as assigned or needed. Characteristics, Skills &
Requirements: --- Strong project management skills as a project
engineer, product engineer, engineering team leader or other
program management experience.--- Previous OEM Automotive
experience, or similar industry, with ability to switch from
engineering leader, to project manager, to OEM program
execution.--- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil Engineering,
related or equivalent.--- Experience with development and ownership
of "concept to completion" stage gate methodology. --- Must have
excellent communication and interpersonal skills.--- Must be a
self-starter capable of working both independently, as well as part
of a team. --- Work requires willingness to work a flexible
schedule.--- Work may require occasional weekends and/or evening
work.--- The ability to travel is required - estimated 20%. Valid
driver's license. --- Critical thinking, analysis and
creativity.--- Previous project engineering responsibilities for
3-5 years in an environment with multiple work-streams, multiple
stakeholders and sometimes-limited leadership input - self-starter
who can accomplish deliverables with minimum management.---
Understanding of Product Data Management systems and workflow---
Experience in presenting gate reviews, gate packages, senior
leadership product development reviews in a disciplined and
detailed product development process.--- Must be able to balance
team and individual responsibilities, giving and receiving
feedback, while supporting efforts to succeed.--- Generating
creative solutions and being able to translate concepts and
information into images.--- Must have strong computer skills and be
proficient with Microsoft Office software and related packages.---
Must have strong analytical skills and be well organized, an
excellent problem solver, motivator, and decision maker.--- Working
knowledge of truck and vehicle accessories, plastics technology,
fiberglass manufacturing would be a plus along with project
experience in the automotive, OEM, construction, industrial, or
vehicle/equipment/aftermarket industry. PandoLogic.Keywords:Program
Manager, Location:Osceola,IN-46561, PL:554775602
Keywords: LEER Group, South Bend , Program Manager, Executive , Osceola, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!