Senior IT Manager - South Bend, IN
Company: H.B. Fuller
Location: South Bend
Posted on: April 16, 2019
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on
perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical
products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to
innovation brings together people, products and processes that
answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our
promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate
The Senior IT Manager reports to the IT Director, Application
Services and has primary responsibility in the support and
maintenance of ERP, analytical, and reporting solutions on a
departmental level. The Senior IT Manager will assist and oversee
regional business process improvement activities. This role will
apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
to help maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. The Senior
IT Manager oversees a team of 6-8 employees and consultants to
deliver requested business solutions.
This individual will be involved in a variety of technical
activities centered on the department s systems, reporting, and
process improvement needs. The primary customer base served
includes internal business users and other internal support
functions. Areas of focus include:
ERP SUPPORT & RELATED PROJECTS [70%]
* Establish a thorough understanding of H.B. Fuller s environment
and the infrastructure & security that supports it.
* Oversee and direct the strategy and development of a regional
department within IT.
* Adhere to technical standards and procedures.
* Manage the support and maintenance requests of and ERP and
* Work closely with the managers of other IT areas to ensure the
proper selection and development of solutions.
* Keeps abreast of best practices as it relates to technology
utilization and business processes. Promotes usage of best
practices where applicable.
* Promote and support continuous improvement in which business and
technical processes are regularly evaluated and enhanced to meet
business needs. Identifies instances where new processes are
needed; recommends solutions in a proactive manner.
* Provide in-depth technical consultation to internal clients and
IT management to ensure development of efficient solutions
utilizing established standards, procedures, and methodologies.
* Adhere to all SOX related processes, inquiries, and changes for
* Manage department purchase orders and invoices for
* Oversee and administer a departmental budget greater than $1M
* Follow change management policies and procedures for systems
* Continuously assess and guide staff priorities.
MANAGEMENT OF STAFF [20%]
* Manage 3-5 resources and project priorities. Resolve conflicts as
necessary to ensure proper solution delivery to the business
* Effectively manage and influence others within the IT
organization for resource allocation, project demand planning, and
* Develop direct reports skills and career plans. Responsible for
the professional development, supervision, and motivation of the
assigned staff. Staff is oriented toward highly skilled
professionals who may be on a technical or management track.
* Mentor others, continuing to build their technical skills and
understanding of platforms.
* Assist in the development of policy and procedures for the IT
organization. It includes such items as the development of change
management procedures, interfaces between operations and
development, service request processes, and service level
* Recognized internal expert who teaches and mentors others. Proven
ability to lead and develop their employees. Demonstrated knowledge
across a wide spectrum of applications and technology.
* Bachelors in BA, CS, or MIS required; MBA preferred, PMI
* 15 or more years of related IT experience preferably in a
* 6 or more years of management experience
* Experience with the Adage ERP system highly desired
* Functional knowledge of SQL
* Functional knowledge of SSRS and Crystal Reports
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical,
dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid
holidays. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus,
based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on
company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency
resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not
forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B.
Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
For more information and to apply, go to:
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Keywords: H.B. Fuller, South Bend , Senior IT Manager - South Bend, IN, Executive , South Bend, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!