Systems Engineer, Robotics Surgical Platforms
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Posted on: April 9, 2021
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies,
is recruiting for a Systems Engineer, Robotics Surgical Platforms
located in Boston, MA or Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices
Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics
portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties
including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal
surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care
while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems
worldwide. For more information, visit .
This position will play a key role in the forefront of digital and
robotic technology for the orthopedic medical device industry. You
will participate in system requirements generation and risk
analysis for orthopedic robotic platforms. As a Systems Engineer
you will work with cross-disciplinary teams, to develop system
requirements, perform risk management, review and update system
architectures, and support subsystem coordination. Communication
and collaboration with cross-disciplinary teams will be essential
- Responsible for participating in Systems Engineering activities
across complex orthopedic digital surgical solutions with a
concentration on hardware and software integration including
optimizing systems architecture and design as well as surgical
- Participant in efficient system development, implementation,
and integration to assure successful verification, validation and
- Identify, evaluate and communicate system risks in concert with
design teams, throughout the system lifecycle.
- Identify, evaluate and communicate system requirements in
concert with design teams, throughout the system lifecycle.
- Participate in all phases of usability and validation testing
including protocol development, test execution, and documenting
- Enhance efficiency and usability of the surgical solution
including instructions for use.
- Perform appropriate analysis to ensure the documented
architecture is safe and effective.
- Generate and present technical material necessary for the
comprehension and understanding of stakeholders and users at all
BS in Systems or Biomedical Engineering, Robotics or Mechatronics.
Graduate degree preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a medical device new product
- Prefer knowledge of design control, requirements management and
- Prefer knowledge of Product Risk Management processes including
Hazard Analyses, FMEA and Use Risk Analysis.
- Knowledge of complex system architectures, workflows and system
interfaces including user interfaces.
- Prefer understanding of design verification and validation
activities for large systems.
- Knowledge of joint replacement surgical procedures and/or
orthopedic navigation and/or robotics is a plus.
May involve up to 15% domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis
Keywords: Johnson & Johnson, South Bend , Systems Engineer, Robotics Surgical Platforms, Healthcare , Warsaw, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!