RN Interventional Radiology
Company: Lutheran Hospital of Indiana
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Full-time RN - Interventional Radiology (IR)Day shift with call
1 night every week and every 5th weekendJob Summary:
- Under the immediate direction of the Nurse Manager,
Interventional Radiology, assists physician and medical team in
preparing patients and performing interventional radiology
procedures through monitoring duties.
- Monitoring duties include providing physician ordered moderate
sedation and analgesia, assessment and management of patients
condition and vital signs during procedure, and taking appropriate
measures to keep patient hemodynamically stable.
- Nurse needs to be familiar with caring for acutely ill
intensive care patients and titrating intravenous medications.
- Interventional Radiology nurse develops expertise in the care
of a specific patient population/nursing diagnosis.
- Interventional Radiology procedures include (but arent limited
to) the following: - embolization of acute bleeds, cerebral/carotid
angiogram and intervention, acute stroke intervention (ischemic and
hemorrhagic), chemo embolization, tumor embolization, fistulagram
with intervention, placement of dialysis catheters,
vertebroplasty/kyphoplasty, peripheral angiogram with intervention,
arterial and -venous lysis treatment, inferior vena cava filter
placement/retrieval, infusaport placement/removal, and tunneled
catheter placement for long term infusions. -
- Once the nurse acquires and feels comfortable with monitoring
procedures, the opportunity for scrubbing cases with the physicians
will be evaluated. - Needs to acquire PALS certification within the
first year.Minimal Acceptable Job
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse
- CPR (Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation) within 3 months of
- Needs to acquire PALS certification within the first year.Equal
Opportunity EmployerTo apply, please email
Keywords: Lutheran Hospital of Indiana, South Bend , RN Interventional Radiology, Healthcare , Akron, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!