Company: Beacon Health System
Location: South Bend
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Reports clinically to the Practice Site Physician(s) and
administratively to the Practice Manager/Director. Under the
direction of the physician(s) is responsible for the coordination
and delivery of care for Beacon Health System patients. Assists the
physician in the global management of patient care in pre-, intra-
and post-operative settings.MISSION, VALUES and SERVICE GOALS
* MISSION: We deliver outstanding care, inspire health, and connect
* VALUES: Trust. Respect. Integrity. Compassion.
* SERVICE GOALS: Personally connect. Keep everyone informed. Be on
their team. Assists in the operating room and provides pre-surgical
and post-surgical patient care under the direction of the attending
* Prepare patients for surgery (positioning, skin preparation,
administration of local anesthetic).
* Function as first or second assistant in the operating room and
perform surgical exposure, surgical dissections, layer closure of
wounds, application of immobilization devices and other duties
based upon clinical specialty.
* Assist with use of monitoring devices, including radiographic
equipment. Coordinates and provides professional medical care for
hospitalized patients under the direction of the attending
* Complete daily rounds on inpatients and document medical
* Provide routine medical management of inpatient care including
ordering of diagnostic tests, labs, x-rays, medications and
* Participate in multidisciplinary rounds and communication of
treatment plans with surgeons, nursing staff and families.
* Conduct procedures including, but not limited to: placement of
indwelling lines and ICP monitors as determined by clinical
* Make assessment of emergency conditions and initiate appropriate
emergency care in the inpatient and outpatient setting until the
arrival of the supervising physician.
* Order medications and write prescriptions for routine and/or
frequently used medications as delegated and in accordance with the
Nurse Practitioner scope of practice.
* Manage discharge of patients with appropriate disposition, follow
up planning, adjunctive therapy management and education.
Contributes to the overall effectiveness of assigned BMG facility
* Assisting in planning changes in clinic/office procedures to
improve the quality and delivery of health care.
* Participating in Quality Improvement programs; monitoring quality
and outcomes of care rendered.
* Assisting in development and compliance of clinical protocols,
policies and procedures.
* Communicating with physicians to ensure the quality and
timeliness for services rendered to patients.
* Completing other job related duties as assigned. Coordinates and
provides professional medical care for patients in the outpatient
setting under the direction of the attending physician:
* Obtain medical history and perform physical exam.
* Develop and implement plan of care.
* Document, code and complete diagnosis of patient's condition to
facilitate appropriate insurance reimbursement.
* Make appropriate referral for consultations.
* Provide pre and post-operative patient education to patients and
* Perform therapeutic procedures, such as suturing, wound care, and
* Respond to ph one messages while "on call" as assigned. Keeps
abreast of all pertinent legislation and maintains clinical
* Attend and participate in related seminars, conferences and
educational offerings, as approved.
* Develop and maintain affiliation with professional
* Maintain current knowledge of all pertinent legislation relevant
to physicians and staff.
Associate complies with the following organizational
* Attends and participates in department meetings and is
accountable for all information shared.
* Completes mandatory education, annual competencies and department
specific education within established timeframes.
* Completes annual employee health requirements within established
* Maintains license/certification, registration in good standing
throughout fiscal year.
* Direct patient care providers are required to maintain current
BCLS (CPR) and other certifications as required by
* Consistently utilizes appropriate universal precautions,
protective equipment, and ergonomic techniques to protect patient
* Adheres to regulatory agency requirements, survey process and
* Complies with established organization and department
* Available to work overtime in addition to working additional or
other shifts and schedules when required. Commitment to Beacon's
six-point Operating System, referred to as The Beacon Way:
* Leverage innovation everywhere.
* Cultivate human talent.
* Embrace performance improvement.
* Build greatness through accountability.
* Use information to improve and advance.
* Communicate clearly and continuously. Education and
* The knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated below are
normally acquired through the successful completion of a Bachelor's
degree in Nursing. A valid and current RN license in the state of
Indiana is required. The successful completion of a nurse
practitioner program with applicable national certification is
required. Two years of clinical nursing experience in practice area
and successful completion of a Nurse Practitioner six month
internship for new graduates or comparable experience is required.
Master of Science Degree in Nursing is preferred. Attainment of
prescriptive authority or successful completion of applicable
course work and pass state board exam to obtain prescriptive
authority within six months of hire date. Knowledge & Skills
* Requires thorough and complete understanding of medical care
practices, policies and procedures in order to function in area of
* Demonstrates high level of analytical ability necessary to assess
patients and evaluate services rendered.
* Demonstrates well developed interpersonal skills necessary to
interact in a professional manner with patients and families,
physicians and other health care professionals.
* Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both verbal and
written to disseminate information in a clear, concise manner.
* Demonstrates ability to function within legal boundaries of a
Nurse Practitioner and utilize knowledge of governing statues and
rules. Working Conditions
* Works in a clinic and hospital environment with some exposure to
biohazards. Physical Demands
* Requires the physical ability and stamina (i.e. to walk/stand for
prolonged periods of time, push carts/wheelchairs up to 50 pounds,
to position/lift patients at a maximum of 35 pounds unassisted,
over 35 pounds requires assistance, provide CPR, etc.) to perform
the essential functions of the position. Job Type: Full-time
* Continuing education credits
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Health insurance
* Malpractice insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday Experience:
* Clinical Nursing: 2 years (Preferred) License/Certification:
* Certified Nurse Practitioner (Required)
* RN License (Required) Work Location: One location
Keywords: Beacon Health System, South Bend , Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , South Bend, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!