Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA)
Company: Pace of Southwest Michigan
Location: Saint Joseph
Posted on: January 25, 2023
PACE of Southwest Michigan is seeking an experienced Physical
Therapy Assistant to add to our growing TEAM!
PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) is a unique
healthcare solution for seniors who struggle with health issues
that may jeopardize their independence. PACE is a wonderful
alternative to nursing home care which enables participants to live
safely at home.
The Physical Therapy Assistant works under the guidance of the
Therapy Supervisor to ensure compliance with Medicare and Medicaid
rules and regulations with regards to health plan management
reporting for PACE of Southwest Michigan. The Physical Therapy
Assistant is responsible for providing treatment procedures as
directed by the Physical Therapist.
PACE's Business Hours are Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm
- Assists in performing treatment as developed and directed by the
Physical Therapist (PT)
- Conducts nursing home and home site visits as needed/directed by
- Maintains and completes documentation, department records and
- Operates and maintains equipment in a safe and orderly manner
- Uses appropriate safety measures when providing care and perform
other job duties
- Delivers training to caregivers, family members and friends for
the applicable area of treatment plan, under the direction of the
- Completes home visits when directed
- Assist the PT in reviewing restorative care plans
- Abides by all established PACE of Southwest Michigan policies,
rules, and regulations
- All other duties as assigned
Education: Graduate of accredited Physical Therapy Assistant
Experience: One (1) year of experience in a clinical setting
Number/Type of Employees Supervised: None
Licensure, Registry, or Certification Required: Active and
unencumbered Physical Therapy Assistant certification to practice
in the state of Michigan; CPR certification. To improve efficiency
and reduce fraud and abuse, a National Provider Identifier (NPI)
number is required.
Special Training: Only acts within scope of practice. Meet a
standardized set of orientation and/or individual competencies for
the specific position description established by PACE of Southwest
Michigan, and approved by CMS before working independently.
Immunizations: Be medically cleared for communicable diseases and
have all immunizations up to date before engaging in direct
Specific Requirements and Considerations: May be subject to
exposure and handling of infectious waste, diseases, conditions, or
hazardous chemicals, etc., including potential exposure to TB,
AIDS, and/or Hepatitis B.
Ages of Patients Rendered Care: Adult, Geriatric
Skills and Knowledge
- High level of autonomy is required while reporting to the Center
- Excellent attention to details
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule
- Able to work within the IDT setting
- Knowledge of physical, mental and social needs of frail older
- Effective skills in physical assessment and chronic disease
management for frail older adults
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Able to utilize computer skills in the workplace
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to
sit and use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or
controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee must be able to travel in all kinds of weather.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required
to frequently move up to 50 pounds and perform physical demands
expected while providing medical care for an elderly population.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision and the ability to focus.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of
this position. However, this in no way states or implies that these
are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission
of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the
position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential
function of the position.
Keywords: Pace of Southwest Michigan, South Bend , Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA), Healthcare , Saint Joseph, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!