Social Worker MSW Full time/Part time /PRN
Company: Pace of Southwest Michigan
Location: Saint Joseph
Posted on: January 25, 2023
We are seeking experienced Social Workers (MSW) - Full Time Hours,
Part Time Hours or PRN to join our team!
Apply today with PACE of Southwest Michigan!
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package, that includes
medical, dental, 403B, PTO, and paid holidays. PACE, which stands
for Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly, is a unique
option for older adults who wish to remain in their home as they
age. Our goal is to provide senior community members with the care,
medical treatment and support they need to achieve the highest
quality of life.
We are actively recruiting for Social Workers (MSW) to work with
our PACE team. This position requires a dynamic individual, who
enjoys working in an environment that encourages developing
relationships with our participants and their caregivers, where a
team focused approach to care is the cornerstone of our
NOW OFFERING up to $3,000 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR Social Worker's
(Speak with HR for bonus details)
Business Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am- 4:30 pm
The Social Worker is responsible for the direct social work case
management services to PACE participants. Works under the direction
of the Center Manager or designee but is independent in the
application of advanced social work knowledge and skills.
- Participates in the Interdisciplinary Team's (IDT) initial
assessments, care planning and periodic re-assessments (minimally,
every 6 months) of participant's case
- Communicates participant changes to the IDT
- Maintains current written participant records, including all
assessments and reassessments
- Generates behavior modification plans
- Refers participants and families to appropriate community
agencies or facilities, acts as liaison with such organizations and
as advocate for participants
- Participates in program and policy development as directed
- Coordinates admissions to and discharges from facilities deemed
appropriate by IDT
- Facilitates disenrollment from PACE of Southwest Michigan
- Facilitates Medicaid application and redetermination process with
Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and ensures
- Documents participant changes appropriately in the medical
- Active participation in QIP processes
- Participates as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team as
- Serves on internal and external committees as appropriate
- Completes home visits when directed
- Abides by all established PACE of Southwest Michigan policies
- All other duties as assigned
Education: Master's degree from an accredited School of Social Work
Experience: 2 years' experience in a health-related area
Number/Type of Employees Supervised: None
Licensure, Registry, or Certification Required: Licensed MSW in the
State of Michigan, valid Driver's License with a vehicle and safe
Special Training: Only acts within scope of practice. Meet a
standardized set of orientation and/or individual competencies for
the specific position description established by PACE of Southwest
Michigan, and approved by CMS before working independently.
Immunizations: Be medically cleared for communicable diseases and
have all immunizations up to date before engaging in direct
Specific Requirements and Considerations: May be subject to
exposure and handling of infectious waste, diseases, conditions or
hazardous chemicals, etc., including potential exposure to TB,
AIDS, and/or Hepatitis B.
Ages of Patients Rendered Care: Adult, Geriatric
Skills and Knowledge
- High level of autonomy is required for clinical decisions while
reporting to Social Work Supervisor.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule.
- Knowledge of physical, mental and social needs of frail older
- Able to work within the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) setting.
- Able to utilize basic computer skills in the workplace.
- Able to utilize organization's electronic medical record
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to
sit and use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or
controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee must be able to travel in all kinds of weather.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required
to frequently move up to 50 pounds and perform physical demands
expected while providing medical care for an elderly population.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision and the ability to focus.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of
this position. However, this in no way states or implies that these
are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission
of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the
position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential
function of the position.
Keywords: Pace of Southwest Michigan, South Bend , Social Worker MSW Full time/Part time /PRN, Healthcare , Saint Joseph, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!