Weekend Breakfast Attendant
Company: Residence Inn South Bend - Marriott
Location: South Bend
Posted on: October 12, 2019
SUMMARY: The Breakfast Attendant is primarily responsible for
preparing complimentary breakfast as directed and making sure the
kitchen and dining room are kept clean and well stocked. S/He will
contribute to the Hotel's success as a team player. The Breakfast
Attendant shall strive to provide exceptional service to both
internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible
for exemplifying the Hotel's Culture. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Communicate with staff and guests with dignity and
- Maintain a teamwork orientation towards co-workers.
- Work safely and effectively with all kitchen equipment and
- Show initiative and ability to work without supervision.
- Show willingness to be trained in all areas of
- Sustain clear and effective communications.
- Operate with integrity and commitment for continued
- Visually inspect, select, and use only the freshest ingredients
in the preparation of all menu items.
- Read and employ math skills for following recipes.
- Ensure proper receiving, storage, and rotation of food products
so as to comply with health department regulations.
- Maintain a commitment to customer service and guest
- Accept responsibility for the health, safety, and welfare of
the guests and employees.
- Emphasize safety awareness.
- Represent the interest of the Hotel and its employees in a
fair, impartial, and equitable manner.
- Reinforce the highest standards of quality, service, and
overall integrity of guest experience.
- Work to develop and maintain the highest culinary
- Maintain a focus on defining results.
- Manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Provide creative influence in establishing menu recipes and
- Complete necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
- Build positive relations with team members and
- Additional duties not listed and requested by management.
Associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other
duties as assigned. EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Culinary coursework from recognized culinary institute
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Previous hospitality experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to comply with sanitation guidelines
- Experience in working efficiently in a high volume,
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to carry oneself in a mature, professional and
responsible manner at all times
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees, and
third parties that reflect highly on the hotel, the brand, and the
- Service-minded and team-oriented
- Strong attention to detail and hospitality knowledge
- Ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage
time and resources
- Willingness and ability to promote a positive team member
culture and core values JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must have exceptional communication skills
- Must be detailed orientated and work well under pressure
- Must be able to follow direction when ordered
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that will include early
mornings and weekends, and may also include evenings and
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well
- Ability to effectively express oneself and speak
extemporaneously on a variety of subjects with poise and
- Strong creative capabilities, necessary for design of
skill-based and awareness-based training programs and instructional
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a
diplomatic and tactful manner
- Ability to multi-task, manage interruptions, establish work
priorities, handle stress, and effectively function in a fast-paced
- Possess strong motivational, organizational and verbal
communication skills WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Physical capabilities for lifting and carrying up to 50
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and
repetitive hand & arm movements consistent with kitchen work
- Must be able to regularly sit, talk or hear, taste, and
- Must be able to work in an environment with loud noises and
- Must be able to work with food preparation and kitchen
equipment The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. This job description in no way states or
implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this
employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions
and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her
supervisor. (ref. 27443) We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that
considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion,
national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Residence Inn South Bend - Marriott, South Bend , Weekend Breakfast Attendant, Hospitality & Tourism , South Bend, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!