Lead Database Administrator
Location: South Bend
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Your Journey at Crowe Starts Here:At Crowe, you have the
opportunity to deliver innovative solutions to today's complex
business issues. Crowe's accounting, consulting, and technology
personnel are widely recognized for their in-depth expertise and
understanding of sophisticated process frameworks and enabling
technologies, along with their commitment to delivering measurable
results that help clients build business value. Our focus on
emerging technology solutions along with our commitment to internal
career growth and exceptional client value has resulted in a firm
that is routinely recognized as a "Best Place to Work." We are 75
years strong and still growing. Come grow with us!Job
Description:The Lead Database Administrator will manage the
deployment, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of all
aspects of the database environment including database-related
processes and procedures required to meet the firm's information
and regulatory compliance guidelines. Additionally, this individual
will oversee securing, tuning, upgrading, documenting, and
providing direction and support for each relational database
management server, and, in some cases, the applications dependent
on this environment. The Lead will manage and develop other
database administrators in support of all database services
- Follow best practices and planning strategies, install, deploy,
configure, and assess enterprise database management system
software/services across multiple database environments including
physical, virtual, and clouds services.
- Manage the overall database architecture designs including
backup/recovery, replication, security, performance, monitoring,
- Design, implement, maintain, and ensure availability,
reliability, and performance of the physical data models and
- Ensure data recovery, maintenance, database integrity, and
- Lead in the creation of and compliance with policies,
procedures and standards relating to database services.
- Provide guidance and collaborate with other functional groups
to evaluate hardware, software, and database and application
infrastructure requirements and specifications for proactively
identifying and implementing improvements.
- Determine and direct the timing of upgrades to database systems
and applications to ensure system performance and stability.
- Lead, participate, and direct efforts regarding disaster
recovery and business continuity relating to the database
infrastructure and the applications depending upon this environment
including data recoverability to meet defined RTO and RPO
- Research and stay abreast of technical and practical industry
information related to the delivery of data and application
services for defining future direction.
- Manage the day-to-activities of other members of the Database
- Provide leadership and mentoring for other database
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server database
administration best practices and technical knowledge required for
solving complex database and business application infrastructure
issues, for planning and managing projects, for SQL Server
implementations, and for establishing and maintaining database
technology architecture decisions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft SQL/Azure SQL relational
database management systems and structures.
- Experience with Snowflake, Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory,
and applications which utilize these environments is preferred
- Ability to perform data manipulation, create ad hoc reports and
queries, feeds, and develop system level procedures and
- Expertise in Transact-SQL and utilizing ETL (Extract, Transform
and Load) as it relates to data services.
- Identify and provide accurate, timely, and relevant
communication to management on database and application technology
changes and trends within the industry.
- Ability to simultaneously manage numerous projects and adjust
quickly to changing priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent organizational/project management and analytical
skills with strong decision-making abilities with limited
- Flexible, agile, and able to manage priorities in a fast-pace
- Establish and maintain broad and deep professional
relationships including developing and mentoring other database
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Information Systems
or engineering fields, or equivalent experience
- In-depth technical knowledge and experience with SQL Server,
Azure SQL, and database administration
- Understanding of relevant cloud data resources like Azure SQL,
Data Factory, Synapse, and Snowflake.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to process and
resolve complex support issues individually or part of a team
- Strong decision-making abilities
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Capable of managing time-sensitive tasks with simultaneous job
demands in an organized and results-oriented manner
- Customer focus attitude including ability to effectively and
timely communicate with all levels
- Hands-on leader capable of directing others, working
independently, as well as contributing on a team or project.
- Ability to mentor, train and develop others
- Industry certified, a plus
- Proven advanced experience in a Database Administration role
with some leadership experience.
- Willingness to work after-hours and during maintenance periods
or On-Call.#IndeedOur Benefits:At Crowe, we know that great people
are what makes a great firm. We value our people and offer
employees a comprehensive benefits package. Learn more about what
working at Crowe can mean for you!How You Can Grow:We will nurture
your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will
have the chance to meet on a consistent basis with your Career
Coach that will guide you in your career goals and aspirations.
Learn more about where talent can prosper!More about Crowe:Crowe
(www.crowe.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting
and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep
industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private
entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax,
advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by
many organizations as one of the country's best places to work.
Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe
Global, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world.
The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and
advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the
world.Crowe LLP provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Crowe, South Bend , Lead Database Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , South Bend, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!