Sr. Systems Engineer
Company: Press Ganey
Location: South Bend
Posted on: March 22, 2020
Sr. Systems Engineer
IN - South Bend Office
About Press Ganey
Press Ganey pioneered the health care performance improvement
movement more than 30 years ago. Today, Press Ganey offers an
integrated suite of solutions that enable enterprise transformation
across the patient journey. Delivered through a cutting-edge
digital platform built on a foundation of data security, Press
Ganey solutions address safety, clinical excellence, patient
experience and workforce engagement. The company works with more
than 33,000 health care facilities in its mission to reduce patient
suffering and enhance caregiver resilience to improve the overall
safety, quality and experience of care.
Press Ganey is looking to hire a Senior Systems Engineer to be
based preferably out of the South Bend, IN offices. You could also
be located in either Dallas, TX or Tampa, FL as well. The Senior
Systems Engineer role is responsible for the design, implementation
and optimization of systems and services in an enterprise data
center environment. This role serves as a senior technical resource
providing vision and guidance to system engineers and
administrators as well as an escalation resource where
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and implementation of systems as well as applications
will be a focal point in this role. Enterprise projects requiring a
primary engineering focus and resource will be a critical part of
- Serve as the escalation point to System Administrators and
Engineers for Major Incident resolution and root cause
- Acts as a system engineering subject matter expert assisting
the application development teams in the design, implementation and
delivery of key solutions to the business.
- Partnership with other Infrastructure and Technology functions,
to ensure overall customer satisfaction on high-level projects, as
well as day to day deliverables where required.
- Guiding and mentoring system administrators and engineers on
tasks and projects advancing business and technical knowledge to
other team members
- Investigate leading edge technologies that will help drive the
business forward and provide a competitive advantage, not only in
infrastructure, but within the industry.
Skills & Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Expert understanding of server hardware, systems and
application security and network technologies.
- Ability to prioritize work efforts, identify and escalate
issues and risks, and work collaboratively with peers to deliver
- Help establish and implement enterprise class standards for
Microsoft-based infrastructure systems
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server
administration and engineering.
- Administration and engineering skills for all Windows services
including AD, WINS, DNS, DFS, and DHCP.
- VMware vSphere
- Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop
- Strong strength in Cisco products is a MUST
- Networking Technology: TCP/IP, VPN (ASA tunneling), Wireless
(9600 mod6), Routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP), Switching (9K, 7K, MDS),
Firewall (ASA5585), SDWan, ACI, Tetration, ISE, Meraki Routers and
- Cisco CUCM 11.5, Spark, Jabber, Webex.
- Telephony systems: specifically, Cisco (Call Manager, Unity,
- Telephony systems: voice trunking, PRI, and SIP services.
- F5 LoadBalancers
- Managing partners in: Telecom, IT augmentation,
- SolarWinds NMP and Cattools skills
- Excellent customer service, problem solving and conflict
- Proven team player with outstanding interpersonal and
communication (written & oral) skills.
- Ability to motivate others to perform above normal
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Requires ability to periodically travel (by airplane)
occasionally, including domestic flights to other Press Ganey
- Requires the ability to meet deadlines, frequent assignment
changes, periodic heavy workload, rapidly changing environment, and
dynamic business growth.
- Requires ability to concentrate on detailed tasks for sustained
periods of time.
- Requires the ability to operate computer, printer, copy
machine, calculator, other general office equipment, and to record
- Requires the ability to communicate with customers, users and
vendor representatives in person, in writing, and on the
- Requires the ability to read printed material.
- Requires the ability to read vendor reference material and
written user manuals.
- Requires the ability to participate in interactive verbal group
activities including brainstorming and application design working
All positions at Press Ganey require an applicant who has accepted
an offer to undergo a background check. The specific checks are
based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include
some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education
verification, employment verification, criminal check, search
against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint
verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a
position with Press Ganey, you understand that you will be required
to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also
understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion
of the background check and results consistent with Press Ganey's
employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process
which checks are required for the position.
For more information about Press Ganey, visit our website at
Press Ganey is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
Keywords: Press Ganey, South Bend , Sr. Systems Engineer, Other , South Bend, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!