Pipefitter - Any Shift
Location: South Bend
Posted on: May 10, 2020
Launch innovations in nearly every commercial and defense
The Future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of
thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that
make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly
way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible
to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things.
That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career
opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
A Pipefitter a variety of activities required to plan, route,
fabricate, install, repair, and maintain high and low pressure
pipeline systems and related components. Pipelines systems include,
but are not limited to, steam, air, water, other
- Install, assemble, fabricate mechanical piping systems
- Install and repair hangers and brackets used to facilitate
- Create holes in walls, floors, roofs, and panels for the
installation of pipefitting components
- Locate and repair leaks to pipeline systems
- Maintain vacuum furnace systems and components (e.g. vacuum
pumps, boosters, valves, filters, etc.)
- Maintain compressed air systems and components
- Maintain hot water/steam systems and components
- Maintain city water/sprinkler piping and components
- Maintain and repair hydraulic systems
- Perform Predictive Maintenance Inspections (Vibration, Infrared
- Perform basic equipment servicing (cleaning, lubrication,
coolant, filters, etc.)
- Clean facility and production equipment (internal/exterior
surfaces, contaminants - residues/oil/dirt/chips, etc.) YOU MUST
- High School Diploma or GED
- Has Journeyman card or 5 years' equivalent experience in
pipefitting with hydraulics, compressed air & steam WE VALUE
- Basic reading and writing skills
- Math skills that demonstrate a basic understanding of
arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and trigonometry
- Basic computer skills - locate/open files, send/receive emails,
process/enter details in service reports
- Ability to perform welding with high quality
- Ability to work in tight spaces
- Ability to work at elevation (ladders, lifts, scaffolding)
- Ability to lift 35 pounds
- Ability to read and understand standard operating procedures
and use measurement devices
- Ability to use transportation equipment to deliver and retrieve
material, personnel, and toolboxes at job sites
- Ability to select and utilize the appropriate tools the
performance of job tasks.This position will utilize tools such as,
but not limited to: hand tools, cordless tools, welding equipment,
pipe wrenches, sockets, allen wrenches, files, and other similar
tools. Additional Information
- JOB ID: req229482
- Category: Facilities
- Location: 3520 Westmoor St,South Bend,Indiana,46 ,United
- Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed,
color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Keywords: Honeywell, South Bend , Pipefitter - Any Shift, Other , South Bend, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!