Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN)
Company: Premise Health
Posted on: May 3, 2021
We have an PRN opening for a License Practical Nurse or Licensed
Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN) to work within our Employer Health
Center located in Shipshewana, IN!
CareHere, A Premise Health Company is a leading worksite health
and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and
quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be
about helping people get, stay and be well. That's our mission and
it's the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of
experience, Premise Health manages 800+ worksite-based health and
wellness centers across the country. We serve more than 2,200 of
the nation's leading employers, including a significant number of
the Fortune 1000.
PRN position offering consistent hours! Every Tuesday
- Interviews patient to determine medical problem/condition and
documents in chart for physician.
- Obtains and records patient's vital signs and weight.
- Assists physician with patient examination as needed.
- Reviews physician's orders, lab requests, or follow-up needs
- Documents services performed on appropriate forms.
- Dresses wounds as instructed. Applies compresses, ice and heat
- Observes patients and reports adverse reactions to medication
or treatment to medical personnel in charge.
- Administers specified medication, orally or by subcutaneous or
intermuscular injection, and notes time and amount on patients'
- Assembles and uses clinic equipment.
- Collects samples, such as urine, blood, and sputum, from
patients for testing and performs routine laboratory tests on
- Sterilizes equipment and supplies.
- Cleans rooms and changes linens.
- Maintains supplies, including stocking and ordering new
supplies and disposing of expired or damaged supplies.
- Responds to patient or client telephone inquiries by evaluating
and responding to the patient's/clients problems and
- Follows up with patients who miss appointments.
- Follows up with patients on lab results, including the
scheduling of any additional tests.
- Coordinates referrals for patients through insurance and other
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of National League for Nursing accredited program,
Associate's degree (A.S.) and/or equivalent from two-year college
or technical school.
- Licensed as a Practical or Vocational Nurse
- Current hands on Certification in Basic Life Support is
required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based
on scope of contract services.
- At least three years experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse
or Licensed Vocational Nurse in an emergency room, occupational
health clinic or other ambulatory care clinic.
- Skilled in Phlebotomy
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate,
like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an
unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face
and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Premise Health, South Bend , Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN), Other , Shipshewana, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!