Sr. Ceramics Process Engineer
Company: Knowles Capacitors
Posted on: May 3, 2021
As a division of Knowles Corporation, Knowles Precision Devices
(KPD) focuses on production of a wide variety of highly engineered
Capacitors and Microwave to Millimeter Wave components for use in
critical applications in military, medical, aerospace, industrial,
electric vehicle, and 5G market segments. Radar, pacemakers, MRI
equipment, satellites, airplanes, electric vehicles, and mobile
phone base stations are just a few of the places you will find our
products. Our products can be found in every corner of the world,
from 8000ft below the earths surface to orbiting 254 miles above us
on the ISS.
We are a Specialty Components manufacturer, which means we
choose to take on the complex challenges that come with High
Reliability, High Temperature, High Performance, and High Frequency
solutions. This is built on our commitment to innovation, whether
it be our ongoing creativity in manufacturing high performance
multi-layer ceramic capacitors, or our unique ceramic formulations
that allow us to provide the highest performance-for-footprint
mmWave filters available.
We aim to be a leader in every market we serve, to the benefit
of our customers and our mutual long-term success. We achieve this
- Understanding our customers real needs and providing products
and services to meet and exceed them.
- Providing better products and services than competitors.
- Investing in product development, manufacturing processes, and
- Insisting on the highest ethical standards and a business
culture of trust, respect, and open communication.
Overview: The Ceramics / Materials Science
Process Engineer is responsible for supporting front-end ceramic
processing and thin film manufacturing. This includes not only
keeping manufacturing processes fully functional and efficient, but
also managing and implementing paths to higher part quality,
increasing throughput, and providing higher yields. This position
would focus mainly on the firing of our various dielectric
Reporting Structure: This position reports to
the Ceramics Value Stream Manager.
Location: This position is based out of the
Cazenovia, NY facility.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Oversee firing of all dielectric materials
- Adjust bake out and firing profiles as needed
- Review standard and flat fire processes and improve quality /
efficiency / yield
- Look into alternate firing techniques and setter material
- Provide and execute qualification plans for new equipment
- Update operators (and technicians) on procedure changes,
production and quality issues
- Direct, train, and transfer skills/knowledge to operators and
- Investigate new suppliers, technologies for improving
production, quality, end cost and throughput.
- Evaluate impact of Preventative Maintenance on yield/quality
and co-ordinate execution of P.M. schedules; evaluate all
maintenance and its possible indicators of problems.
- Assist Purchasing, Maintenance, and Operations to determine
proper purchase/supply of spare parts, maintenance equipment, and
- Update procedures based on changes in manufacturing or
engineering improvements as well as environmental issues (ISO9001,
- Execute FMEA, SPC, MSA processes
Qualifications and Skills:
- BS degree in engineering with an emphasis in industrial
engineering, materials science, ceramic, or process
- 3-5 years process engineering experience and/ or application of
materials for electrical products highly desired
- Experience with firing dielectric materials (specifically in
- Self-directed, highly professional and collaborative
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and propensity for accuracy of work
- Accountability to the timelines of task completion
- Able to manage multiple tasks and priorities within a
- Experience in total quality, six sigma or other similar
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. without
restriction to ITAR documentation and materials.
- Must be a U.S. citizen. Security clearance application required
Equal Opportunity Statement: Knowles Precision
Devices prohibits discrimination based on race, color, gender,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status,
pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or
other legally protected status.
Notice to Staffing Agencies, Search Firms and Recruitment
The recruitment process at Knowles is managed through the Human
Resources department. Knowles does not accept resumes submitted
from 3rd party agencies outside of our system. To submit resumes,
3rd party agencies will need to be a pre-approved vendor with a
valid contract in place, be actively engaged by Knowles to recruit
for a specific position and have agency log in credentials to
submit candidates to our careers portal. Please do not submit
resumes via e-mail, through our external website or directly to our
employees. Any resumes submitted in this way become the property of
Knowles and will not be eligible for any placement fee.
You have been redirected to a Knowles Precision Devices job
Keywords: Knowles Capacitors, South Bend , Sr. Ceramics Process Engineer, Other , syracuse, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!