Warehouse/Cross Dock Worker
Company: LKQ Corp
Location: La Porte
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Education & Experience:
High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent desired. Up to six
months of warehouse related experience, supplemented by on-the-job
training, to learn duties, nature of work performed, procedures,
work methods, to become familiar with the company's products,
locations, machines and equipment, operating methods, and to attain
proficiency requirements and to fully assume responsibilities of
the job. Forklift certification and RF gun scanning beneficial.
- General knowledge and ability to perform relatively simple work
using basic arithmetic.
- Must be able to recognize and understand Transfer labels.
- Must be familiar with the company's products and warehouse
methods, techniques and procedures.
- Must be able to work in cooperation with others.
- Must be attentive to detail and ensure accuracy in work
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others.
- Must have the flexibility to work variable schedules, including
- Should possess special skills in the operation of a forklift in
negotiating the lift in close quarters.
Machines, Equipment, and Software:
Forklift, pallet jack, pull cart, RF GUN, Computer terminal,
Microsoft Access Software, and telephone.
Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment:
This position may require individuals to constantly be on their
feet except when operating machinery. Should not have any lifting
restrictions and must not be afraid of heights. They must be able
to stand for long periods, sit, walk, push, pull, bend, climb and
be able to move/lift up to 75 pounds regularly. They must be able
to climb ladders, stairs and withstand heights of more than 15
feet. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. Should be able to
tolerate high and low temperature levels. The employee is
occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise
level in the work environment is moderately loud.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with Generous Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
Keywords: LKQ Corp, South Bend , Warehouse/Cross Dock Worker, Other , La Porte, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!