Work for Indiana
Grow your career with the State of Indiana! With more than 50
executive branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a diverse
workforce offering employees stimulating and challenging projects
across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana
employee, you impact the well-being of Indiana's communities every
At the State of Indiana, we don't just talk about diversity and
inclusion - Our goal is to create a welcoming, accessible, and
equitable workplace, with a workforce that is representative of the
State of Indiana population. We are proud to be an equal
About The Adjutant General's Office
The Adjutant General's Office (AGO) provides a dynamic workplace
while serving the Indiana National Guard at its various facilities
throughout the state. AGO's programs and projects offer exciting
opportunities for professionals in many fields - from maintenance
repair to cadre to civil engineers - looking to begin or advance
their careers. AGO offers a competitive compensation and benefits
package, as well as an outstanding work/life balance. AGO offers
agency specific benefits, such as a physical fitness program, an
opportunity to work an alternative work schedule, and a spot bonus
program to reward hardworking employees.
Salary for this position is typically $9.00 - $12.00 per hour,
depending on qualifications; limited to working an annual maximum
of 180 days.
About the Job:
You will perform grounds maintenance, while operating mowers,
vehicle mounted broadcast sprayer, bush hogs, batwings, weed
eaters, and state owned vehicles including 18 foot landscape
trailers at South Bend.
A Day in the Life:
- Operates a variety of light equipment including, but not
limited to: lawn and farm type tractors, truck mounted snow plows,
- Maintains equipment and vehicles by cleaning, oiling, greasing,
and performing routine operator level preventative
- Operates a variety of hand construction and maintenance
- Performs routine duties such as cutting trees, clearing trails,
seeding, weed-eating, mowing and employing various erosion control
- Operates a variety of equipment for grounds and maintenance.
Such equipment includes, but not limited to mulchers, mowers, chain
saws scrapers, farm and other equipment as required in the
accomplishment of maintenance and repair of Training Areas as
- Invasive species removal and management including Herbicide and
- Perform grounds maintenance including weeding and snow removal
What You'll Need for Success:
- Valid High School Diploma orHigh School Equivalent (HSE); or
one (1) year of work experience.
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver's license
- Working knowledge and skill in the operation of light and heavy
equipment, including use of different sets of controls and use of
- Ability to work outdoors during inclement weather such as heat,
cold, snow, and rain.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Direct Reports:
This role does not provide direct supervision to direct
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Current Employee? Click here to apply.