Class B CDL Driver
Company: Darling Ingredients, Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
A Route Driver is responsible for operation of a grease
collection truck to collect cooking oil, a fat and bone collection
truck for removal of raw material from customer locations, and a
pump truck to collect waste cooking oil.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
- Pump or load grease containers; ensure cleanliness of container
and surrounding area; returns container with screen and lock
secured; notes any damages to container or corral area; properly
completes route ticket with customer signature.
- Empties customers grease trap utilizing a company vehicle by
pumping trap contents into vehicle. Ensures cleanliness of trap
area; cleans all spilled grease if necessary.
- Collects and inspects raw material at time of pick up for any
foreign or hazardous material at customer location (Local
- Required to maintain an Electronic DOT log.
- Provides customer with receipt of pick-up and obtains signature
of management at location.
- Responsible for company vehicle; maintains vehicle in cleanest
possible manner; operates vehicle in accordance with Company,
federal, state and local regulations.
- Conducts all safety checks and inspections of vehicle; operates
vehicle under state, federal, local regulations and in accordance
with company policy and procedures; observes all company safety
- Complete vehicle condition report on a daily basis; operates
under all Company safety standards.
- Maintains excellent customer relations by providing quality,
professional service at all times.
- Responsible for completing all company required paperwork in
accordance with company policies (route tickets, driver vehicle
inspection reports, accident reports, mileage reports, service
forms, etc.) on a daily basis.
- Responsible for established route as assigned.
- Attendance at all safety meetings required; may be asked to
serve on Safety Committee.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must possess a valid Class B CDL, with a Tankers
- Must be registered on https://clearinghouse.fmcsa.dot.gov/
- Constantly required to walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop,
kneel, crawl, and crouch.
- Frequently required to sit for extended periods.
- Regularly required reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally push, pull, up to 100 lbs.
- Frequently must push, pull, move or lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to work weekends and/or Overtime as need.
Job functions will be carried out in a commercial motor vehicle,
customer locations, and plant environment.
Darling Ingredients is an equal opportunity employer and gives
consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law:
If you would like more information, please click on the link or
paste into your browser: https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster
Keywords: Darling Ingredients, Inc., South Bend , Class B CDL Driver, Other , Plymouth, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!