Mfg Principal Engineer (605096)
Company: Zimmer Biomet
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The manufacturing principal
engineer is responsible for providing manufacturing engineering
services to support efficient manufacturing processes. Engineering
services may include cell management, process development, project
management, process validation, tool design, and trouble
Principal Duties and
• Full working knowledge of manufacturing, development, and quality
•Conducting feasibility study to estimate product cost and analyze
capital equipment, capacity, and capability requirements.
• Communicate (written and verbal) direction and project plans with
appropriate personnel from other departments as well as within
direct report structure.
• Able to evaluate production and systemic problems and propose
feasible solutions and corrections utilizing the quality and CAPA
• Develops and implements plan to set new process performance and
quality standards (scrap %, perishable costs, lead time reductions,
and customer service issues).
• Develop, maintain, and execute against project plans and
• Monitor manufacturing performance using quality and statistical
• Developing/maintaining engineering budgets for capital projects
and manufacturing costs.
• Planning and reviewing work assignments for direct reports, and
ability to coach and develop junior team members.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not
necessarily comprise all of the \"essential functions\" for
purposes of the ADA.
Expected Areas of Competence
• Skilled and knowledgeable in manufacturing and new product
processing; must have effectively developed processing on multiple
new development projects.
• Advanced knowledge in control procedures, such as the Change
Management process, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Zimmer
Engineering Specifications (ZESs/SPECs), and Zimmer Work
• Advanced knowledge geometric dimensioning and tolerancing •
Demonstrates ownership of and ability to lead projects with a broad
scope and high level of complexity and able to prioritize and
complete work in a timely manner and within budget.
• Demonstrates advanced problem solving skills through the use of
quality and statistical tools • Ability to effectively lead an
• Demonstrates exceptional written and verbal communication
exhibiting a high level technical expertise, tact and discretion,
and keeps management appropriately informed • Ability to lead CAPA
team • Six Sigma and Lean Training/certification
• Ability to do feasibility studies on advanced processes to
estimate product cost and analyze capital equipment, capacity, and
? B.S. in engineering with a
minimum of 7-10 years of manufacturing engineering
experience in an investment casting foundry environment. Or other
advanced degree plus 10 years of experience in an engineering or
? Knowledge in Lean Principles and or Six Sigma or other problem
methodology is preferred.
? Up to 10%
Keywords: Zimmer Biomet, South Bend , Mfg Principal Engineer (605096), Other , Warsaw, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!