Finance Manager (678407)
Company: Zimmer Biomet
Posted on: July 17, 2021
Zimmer Biomet is a world leader in
musculoskeletal health solutions. Our team members are part of a
company with a heritage of leadership, a focus on shaping the
future, and a mission dedicated to alleviating pain and improving
the quality of life for people around the world.
Responsible for managing all
financial forecasting and planning processes of Zimmer Biomet US
Commercial organization. Partners with commercial leadership team
to drive value in key strategic areas for Zimmer Biomet.
Principal Duties and
- Develop and prepare annual
operating plan and quarterly forecasts in conjunction with business
- Lead monthly financial close
process for US Commercial. Monitor cost center spend, prepare
financial review packages and present results to finance & business
- Responsible for analytics related
to excess & obsolete inventory. Partner with business leaders to
drive improvements in company profitability.
- Review initial budget submissions
for reasonableness and completeness.
- Prepare key financial slides for
monthly Orthopedics Group management team meeting along with
supporting backup slides & key callouts.
- Analyze forecast versus actuals,
plan and prior forecasts.
- Provide GM with timely consolidated
forecast information on a quarterly basis.
- Assist in the development of
necessary financial reports to satisfy the Company’s internal
management reporting requirements.
- Oversee all aspects of data
gathering, interpreting, processing, consolidating, and reporting
financial results for the North America Commercial
- Helps to develop and report upon
key financial metrics and assists in assessing the current results
of the business.
- Responsible for mentoring and
developing junior analysts.
- Special financial projects and
analysis as assigned.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not
necessarily comprise all of the \"essential functions\" for
purposes of the ADA.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Ability to lead a team and work
independently in a timely and accurate manner.
- Strong written and verbal
communication skills are required.
- Must understand discounted cash
flow analysis, ROI, payback, etc.
- Must be able to effectively use
standard desktop software (Excel, PowerPoint, databases, etc.) as
well as fully integrated ERP systems (examples include SAP, JD
Edwards, Oracle). Hyperion experience is a plus.
- Must be flexible, able to multitask
and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to effectively
delegate and distribute assignments.
- Must be able to effectively
communicate with a diverse group including the global finance
organization and senior commercial management.
- Must be able to identify and take
ownership of significant issues as they arise.
- Must be able to make concise,
effective, and professional presentations to senior
- Must be able to quickly analyze
issues, determine what other persons or groups are needed to
address the issue, and take necessary steps to assemble the group
to drive resolution.
- Must be willing to take an active
role in mentoring and developing staff. Must understand culture
differences within a global company and be able to effectively
communicate and work with those globally.
- B.S. degree in finance or
accounting, MBA is preferred.
- 6-8 years’ experience in
- Experience managing and developing
a staff of finance professionals is required, or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- C.P.A. or C.M.A. is
up to 10%
At Zimmer Biomet, we believe in The Power of Us, which means that
we are stronger together. We are committed to creating an
environment where every team member feels included, respected,
empowered, and celebrated.
Keywords: Zimmer Biomet, South Bend , Finance Manager (678407), Other , Warsaw, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!