Reports to: DC Operations Supervisor
Distribution Center Material Handler
As a DC Material Handler, you will:
• Handle and maneuver merchandise either as part of a shipping or
receiving team according to safety, quality, accuracy and
productivity best practices. This includes loading and unloading
merchandise and putting away and pulling/picking large scale
• Follow safety best practices: ensuring equipment is inspected
and properly working; completes DVIR’s; work within safety policies
and best practice; product is placed in aisles and boards are
properly loaded to ensure a safe environment
• Handle merchandise, assisting others and asking for help when
needed. Participates in training and re-training when needed.
• Ensure product is properly handled; alert management to issues
regarding packing, tagging, and reports problems with specific
• Focus on customer service ensuring no damages are shipped to
stores or placed in inventory.
• Follow best practices regarding tagging and placement of
product and all merchandise is accurately shipped to stores
• Focus on tagging, pulling, placement and loading of
merchandise to ensure there are no issues with shipments.
• Utilize time properly and efficiently.
• Achieve production goals without sacrificing safety, quality and
accuracy; ensures customers are provided a high level of customer
• Work towards continuous improvement and achieving production
goals for the company and the DC.
• Communicate and work well with all Team Members.
• Work as a Team to promote a work environment that supports the
vision and values of the company
• Contribute towards a positive work environment.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Ability to handle merchandise (lift, maneuver).
• Ability to operate equipment to heights exceeding 30'.
• Basic skills in operating hand-held scanning equipment and/or
• Basic matching skills.
• Previous experience working in a production environment.
Performs other duties as assigned by manager
1st shift start rate $18.00per hour (M-F) 6 AM to 2:40 PM
2nd shift start rate $18.00 + $1.00 shift differential (S-Th) &
(M-F) 4 PM - 12:40 AM
3rd shift start rate $18.00 + 1.50 shift differential (M-F) 9 PM -
Shift start: 6:00AM
Shift length: 8 hours
There may be mandatory overtime as needed on evenings or weekends.
Must be available to work holidays due to retail.
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 60 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
- Must pass drug screen
- Must pass background check
- Can lift 100 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
About American Signature Furniture
Since 1948, American Signature Furniture has helped to furnish
America's homes with quality furniture at the guaranteed best
prices. Our mission is to make furniture shopping easy. Whether you
are furnishing a guest room, a bedroom, a living room or a
basement, American Signature Furniture has all the home furnishings
you need to create the room or home of your dreams. Visit one of
our furniture stores today or buy online - it's up to you. Either
way you can browse our amazing selection of furniture complete with
sectionals, sofas or couches, beds, dinettes, recliners, TV stands,
chairs, chaises, rugs, and so much more.