Zimmer Biomet is a world leader in
musculoskeletal health solutions. Our team members are part of a
company with a heritage of leadership, a focus on shaping the
future, and a mission dedicated to alleviating pain and improving
the quality of life for people around the world.
The senior manufacturing engineer is responsible for providing
manufacturing engineering services to support efficient
manufacturing processes. Engineering services may include cell
management, process development, project management, process
validation, tool design, and trouble shooting.
Principal Duties and
• Creating, maintaining, and
improving controlled technical documents such as prints,
procedures, bill of materials and routers.
• Supporting a wide variety of processing applications such as
machining, finishing, forging, casting, cleaning, heat treating,
bonding, molding, etc.
• Conducting feasibility study to estimate product cost and analyze
capital equipment, capacity, and capability requirements.
• Establishing and improving process methods which meet performance
and quality requirements. • Developing and executing project plans
and schedules for work activities Communicate (written and verbal)
direction and project plans with appropriate personnel from other
departments. • Evaluating multiple options to select the most
appropriate processes and machining methods. • Execute equipment
qualification or process validation project(s)
Expected Areas of Competence
• Skilled and knowledgeable in
manufacturing and new product processing
• Competence with drafting standards and geometric dimensioning and
• Ability to balance marketing, manufacturing, and design
requirements to meet customer requirements
• Ability to lead and prioritize multiple medium complexity project
assignments and complete work in a timely manner
• Good problem solving skills through the use of quality and
• Ability to effectively work within a cross-functional team to
complete critical project tasks
• Demonstrates good written and verbal communication skills
• Experienced with control procedures, such as the Change
Management System, Nonconformance Reports, Engineering
Specifications, Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA), and Work
• Proficient with Statistical Process Control concepts, process
development, CNC programming terminology, and tooling design
• Microsoft Office Suite and Project
• B.S. in engineering with a
minimum of 3-5 years of manufacturing engineering experience. Or
other technical or advanced degree plus 5 years of experience in an
engineering or technical role.
• Knowledge in Lean Principles and or Six Sigma or other problem
solving methodology is preferred.
Up to 10%
At Zimmer Biomet, we believe in The
Power of Us, which means that we are stronger together. We are
committed to creating an environment where every team member feels
included, respected, empowered, and celebrated.
As a Zimmer Biomet team member, you will share in our commitment to
providing mobility and renewed life to people around the world.
This is why we offer you a competitive rewards package that
includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance,
wellness incentives, employee assistance programs as well as paid
time off for vacation and holidays.