Company: American Electric Power
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Manage and implement the program of chemical surveillance and
control to ensure proper system operation. Responsible for the
oversight of assigned Chemical Technicians and ensuring work
requirements are met.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed below:
- Supervise the training of new chemical technicians to ensure
personnel are properly skilled in the required plant procedures an
- Provide a qualification/re-qualification program, including
direct instruction and rotation of on-the-job training assignments,
that ensures the technical competence of all chemical
- Schedule work assignments for the technician work force to
ensure adequate resources are present to handle work
- Schedule work rotation and coordinate vacations, illness and
routine requirements to ensure the station work force is adequate
and the plant overtime policy is administered effectively.
- Review analytical data submitted by technicians to ensure
accuracy and completeness, and take required actions for correction
of data discrepancies.
- Provide a review of plant system operations with respect to
analytical data obtained and work with other departments, sections
to get actions taken to improve plant chemistry
Education requirements are listed below:
Work Experience requirement listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or related
- Five (5) years chemistry experience in a nuclear power plant or
Nuclear Navy experience.
Physical demand level is Sedentary and requirements details are
- Physical Demand:
- May involve work in plant environment which may include
exposure to: heat, cold, noise, and radiation exposure.
- Able to work flexible hours/shifts.
- May require work in various kinds of weather conditions.
- Remain knowledgeable of and have experience in complying with
state and federal regulations as they apply to chemistry.
- Manage, implement and adhere to all radiological control work
practices and contamination control program requirements, including
identification and correction of improper contamination control
practices, and tracking and trending data to identify recurring
problems in order to implement corrective action.
Keywords: American Electric Power, South Bend , Chemical Supv, Other , Walkerton, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!