Company: Teachers Credit Union
Location: South Bend
Posted on: November 22, 2021
We are searching for an experienced -Full-Time Universal Teller
at our Portage Road Service Center. - -South Bend, Indiana 46628
Essential Function The Universal Teller is responsible for
conducting financial transactions in an accurate, timely and
professional manner. This role is also responsible for the sales
and servicing of all credit union products and services, while
focusing on building relationships and expanding TCU's wallet
share. Primary Responsibilities & Duties
- Maintains a high level of member service in accordance with the
TCU Service Expectations.
- Responsible for processing member transactions (handling of
cash and checks, account deposits, account transfers, payments,
cash advances etc.) in a proficient and accurate manner within
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of confidentiality
about member account information.
- Ability to speak with members in an informative, knowledgeable,
and helpful manner about TCU products and services.
- Meets or exceeds established referral and sales goals for both
consumer and business members. -Responsible for discovering
problems, needs, and opportunities by listening for clues in
conversations, asking open-ended questions, completing fact-finding
follow-ups, researching members' accounts, and assisting with
- Assists in service center call efforts by reviewing, updating
and calling prospect list, following up with members and calling on
call campaigns regularly.
- May assume additional teller functions such as drawer audits,
member account maintenance, and vault duties.
- Performs changes to existing accounts as requested by
- Complies with the credit union Check Cashing, Cash Control and
Transaction Approval Limits policies. For example, Reg CC, SAR,
CTR, Check handling, Reg D, BSA and etc.
- Volunteers for special projects within the scope of job
- Handles member concerns on account reconciliation.
- Assumes additional duties as assigned by
- Assumes additional responsibilities as necessary for the
continued growth and advancement of the Credit Union. Specific
- Communication, interpersonal and human relation skills needed
to interact with the membership in a professional environment.
- Listening skills with the ability to measure member request and
- Ability to proactively problem solve by demonstrating concern
and empathy while seeking a solution that is in the best interest
of the member and TCU.
- High level of TCU product knowledge with a full understanding
of needs-based selling.
- Proficient cash handling skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced sales environment. -
- Skills in Microsoft programs
- Ability to lift to 15 pounds at times due to coin bags
associated with locations that have counting machines.
- Responsible for using product knowledge to cross-sell and
clearly communicate product features to staff and members.
- Must have a full understanding of needs-based selling, practice
and use of Discovery Selling techniques in accordance with TCU's
- Responsible for daily decisions made within established
guidelines set by the supervisor/manager, meeting
pay-for-performance goals and displaying a positive image of the
- Accountable for understanding and applying TCU policies and
procedures relating to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA/AML, CIP and
- Responsible for using all identified security precautions about
cash, checks and account management.
- Accountable for Performance Management Goals as agreed upon
with Supervisor. Minimum Requirement
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification.
- Six months of retail sales and/or cash handling experience or
equivalent experience within a financial institution or related
field. Non-Exempt Hourly Wage16.0000 - 20.0000Our company provides
equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Keywords: Teachers Credit Union, South Bend , Universal Teller, Other , South Bend, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!