Company: Primetals Technologies
Location: Benton Harbor
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Mechanical Assembly IIPrimetals Technologies is a joint venture
of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and Partners. Operating globally,
Primetals Technologies offers a world-class technology product
portfolio to guarantee excellence in metals production across the
entire value chain - from the raw materials to the finished
product. We provide fully integrated new technology, automation and
environmental solutions, high-end manufacturing capabilities and
comprehensive life-cycle services. Becoming a member of the
Primetals Technologies Team, means that our customers can count on
reliable and dedicated support to master the challenges facing the
metals industry today and in the future. For our Employees, this
means abundant opportunities to gain challenging work experience
and steady growth potential for their careers. We are looking for a
Mechanical Assembly II at our Benton Harbor, MI facility.
- Performs tasks in support of Bay 3 Machine Assembly operations
such as disassembly/assembly of various types of machinery and
mechanical assemblies, staging, cleaning, inspection, welding,
torching, painting, material movement, etc. Secondly, may be
assigned tasks to support workflow in other areas of the
- Assembles component parts, sub-assemblies or completed units.
Includes electronic, electro-mechanical, mechanical, structural
products, instrument, air/hydraulic piping and plastic parts
assembly. Must be knowledgeable in machine assembly techniques to
ensure proper fits, clearances, finishes, travels, limits,
lubrications, preservations, etc. Some background in hydraulic
systems and operations preferred, mandrels experience a plus.
- Uses hand tools, small power tools, precision measuring tools
and other special equipment.
- Receives detailed written and verbal instructions on all
- Proficient at reading and interpreting blue prints and
schematics. Proficient at the use of micrometers and other
precision measuring tools.
- Use of heavy lifting equipment, cranes and forklifts. Lift
- Other work may be assigned at Management---s direction.
- High School or Equivalent
- Two --- Three years of related work experience
- Crane/Forklift Certification --- In-house training provided to
- Valid Driver---s license
- Proper use of Hand tools, power tools, cranes, micrometers and
other precision measuring tools
- Proper use of Safety Equipment --- Safety boots, hard hat,
safety glasses, ear plugsPrimetals Technologies offers a full range
of benefits starting with first day of employment. If you want to
learn more about Primetals Technologies, visit our website.At
Primetals Technologies, we value difference for the benefit of our
Employees, our Customers and our Community. Primetals Technologies
is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race,
color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or
Keywords: Primetals Technologies, South Bend , Mechanical Assembly, Other , Benton Harbor, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!