Post Cast Operator
Company: Howmet Aerospace
Location: La Porte
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Work as a team member, under general supervision to remove, clean,
cut and verify castings in the post cast area.
* Must be able to read and interpret Product Criteria (PC) and
Activity Instructions (AI).
* Must be able to function as a member of a team and be able to
work under general supervision.
* Must be able to work and function in a fast-paced
* Basic knowledge of computers
* Must be able to maintain expected quality levels.
* Lifting (max.35#)
* Long periods of standing
* Basic knowledge of computer hardware and software
* Vision Standards
A fulltime Post Cast operator will be able to proficiently perform
a minimum of 3 of the following plus any other work-related duties
* Low Temp / Autoclave
* Cutoff/ Grinding / CNC / Waterblast / Revert Processing
* Sandblast/ Expediting/ Vibratory
* Acid Etch
* Primary Inspection
* Employees are expected to work overtime as needed.
* A minimum of a High School diploma or GED equivalency is
* Skills and Abilities:
* Lifting, reading, fork lift driving
* Understanding of Computers (basic hardware and software)
* Use of hand tools
* Mechanical aptitude
* Team concept orientation
* Vision standards
* Capable of doing multiple tasks
* Accurate labor reporting
* Verify quality of work (work tolerance, recognize defects)
* Remove excess gating
* Calibrated measurements of chemicals
* Ability to become a certified operator (ex: autoclave, etch,
* High School Diploma or GED
* Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United
States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at
the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this
* This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines
U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e.
'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Keywords: Howmet Aerospace, South Bend , Post Cast Operator, Other , La Porte, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!