Assembly Operator (2nd or 3rd Shift)
Company: Tenneco Automotive
Location: South Bend
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Assembly Operator will be required to master all skills
required to run, troubleshoot and changeover all automated and
semi- or hand-automated assembly machines. This position will be
counted upon to support, maintain and enhance all assembly
operations and systems with regard to uptime, quality, efficiency
and TPM performance. This position is responsible for contributing
to a safe work place and minimizing negative environmental impacts
by complying with the EHS policies, procedures, work instructions
outlined in the EHSMS Training Assessment for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Run, troubleshoot and changeover any and all assembly machines in
Assembly and Prototype and generally perform all assembly functions
including labeling, dunnage management at the machine, part
packout, end-of-machine inspection and the processing of all
necessary documentation associated with traceability, product flow
* Involvement in day-to-day problem solving to ensure that all
assembly processes meet customer and plant requirements for quality
* Provide training to others on new processes or where
* Member of equipment runoff team (involves training).
* May be assigned to train and support new operators.
* Ensure smooth process flow by moving material at various stages
through the assembly process through the use of a pallet truck or
* Responsible for any and all 5S housekeeping duties as assigned by
production managers, manufacturing manager or approved engineering
* Ensures compliance with all EHSMS policies and procedures.
* Instructs on safe work practices and promotes safety
consciousness while practicing safety procedures, enforcing policy
regarding safety and making recommendations when needed.
* Sees that company policies and programs are effectively made
known; cooperates and assists in the development of effective
* Promotes a positive employer-employee relation.
* Maintains inter-departmental relationships of such a caliber as
to promote confidence, integrity and cooperation.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee must have the ability to maneuver around plant machinery,
work near moving mechanical parts and work in an environment with
varying temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is
* Each employee has the authority to initiate action to prevent the
occurrence of non-conformities relating to the product, process and
quality system and has the authority to stop further work on
non-conforming suspect product until the deficiency or conditions
have been corrected.
* All employees will abide by their location's EH&S policy
endorsed by the local management, comply with the legal and other
requirements and operational controls established under its EHSMS,
work toward achieving established objectives and targets, and
conform to procedures consistent with the ISO 14001 standard. All
employees will also understand all of the environmental aspects of
his/her job. An employee should report, and if necessary stop, any
activity that does not conform to the policy or may injure
* Capable of providing support as requested by supervisor.
* Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
* Must be able to lift less than 2 pounds continuously when loading
the assembly machine and 3-5 pounds continuously when unloading and
packing-out. This is approximately waist to chest level.
* Must be able to lift 25 pounds on an occasional (approximately
one third of the workday) basis, including moving empty parts
* On a continuous basis (100% of the time) must be able to stand
* On a frequent basis must be able to reach by extending hands and
arms as well as handle by seizing, holding, grasping, turning or
working with hands.
* Must have good near visual acuity, as well as depth perception
and the ability to differentiate a variety of colors.
* Most aspects are performed inside the plant facility, with noise
exposure at the loud level (4).
The following aptitudes are needed in at least a medium degree,
ranging from slightly below to slightly above average as compared
to the normal population:
* Intelligence/general learning ability specifically oriented
toward problem solving and troubleshooting.
* Form perception/ability to perceive pertinent detail in
* Finger dexterity/ability to move fingers and manipulate small
objects rapidly or accurately.
* Manual dexterity/ability to move the hands easily and skillfully
in placing and turning motions.
* High School Diploma or equivalent GED
* Must have one year's previous production experience.
* Experience in the assembly area preferred. Must be able to
demonstrate the ability to run, changeover and troubleshoot
assembly machines - including Hand and Prototype Assembly
* Must have excellent interpersonal skills and strong positive work
ethic and proven ability to work well with others.
* Must be a good communicator and be able to willingly accept
requests for assistance from other associates as well as from the
* Strong analytical problem solving skills and excellent
* Must have a valid state-issued driver's license.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Tenneco Automotive, South Bend , Assembly Operator (2nd or 3rd Shift), Other , South Bend, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!