CNC Machinist Apprenticeship
Company: Masterbilt Incorporated
Location: South Bend
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Overall Purpose: Why the Job Exists & What You Will Do: A machinist
apprentice assists with the setup and operation of a computer
numerical control (CNC) machine alongside an experienced machinist.
Maintains safety and quality standards, keeps proper documentation,
and maintains equipment and supplies to support the achievement of
Masterbilt's business goals and objectives. It is a two-year
program and an apprentice will have to complete all required
competencies during the on-the-job training, and also complete
Related Instructional Training with Ivy Tech to earn the Machine
Tool Technical Certificate..
Essential Job Functions & Expected Outcomes: Your Accountabilities
in the Role
- Reads part blueprints and part documentation to understand
machining parameters and program; interpreting geometric dimensions
and tolerances (GD&T).
- Operates machine by loading and unloading parts and/or raw
material and utilizing machine control panel.
- Adjusts chucks, tools attachments, collets, and vices as needed
to maintain part quality and productivity.
- Maintains specifications by observing operations, taking
measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes,
replacing worn tools, adhering to quality assurance procedures and
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures, and
- Documented actions by completing production and quality
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities, reading technical publications. The job criteria may
include other duties, responsibilities and activities, which may
change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.Position
Requirements:A. Education: High school or equivalent B. Experience:
Manufacturing: Not Required CNC Machining: Not RequiredC.
Certification(s): N/AD. Functional Skills: -Must have strong
attention to detail -Maintains professional and technical knowledge
-Familiarity and skill with interpreting technical drawings and
blueprints -Demonstrates strong mechanical aptitude -Fundamental
knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and techniques -Ability
to work independently and closely follow directions is essential
-Ability to work full time and take classes after work hoursE.
Technology Aptitude/Skills: Basic knowledge on using a computerF.
Language Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication, strong
ability to create/write work instructions and train others.G.
Leadership/Behaviors: Solid collaboration skills, ability to listen
to ideas, others, and implement the best enhancements, ability to
work with others, be open minded to ideas and try new things.
Ability to be positive, conceptualize, and initiate projects
effectively. Versatility/flexibility is also key to perform various
portions of multiple projects.H. Culture Match Behaviors:
Respectful, honest, and steady personality who handles situations
with optimism yet holds people accountable; good listener who can
be flexible and invoke great ideas to make the best decisions and
agile to move from project to project, or department, to help the
organization grow and develop.Core Values that Apply to All
- Safety Focused
- Hard Work
- Selflessness --- Teamwork
- Peaceful Coexistence
- PerseveranceEquipment Used:
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as
computers, phones, electronic devices, photocopiers, filing
systems/cabinets and fax machines.Physical Requirements to Perform
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle, as required for travel in
- Ability to stand for up 6-8 hours in one session
- Ability to sit at desk for 2+ hours per day
- Ability to operate keyboard and view computer screen as needed
throughout the day
- Ability to write ideas/information in a logical flow as needed
throughout the day
- Ability to read and respond on an on-going basis daily due to
nature of the work, throughout the day
- Ability to communicate with others via phone, in-person, and
- Ability to listen to customers, employees and peers,
problem-solve, and respond accordingly
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach,
squat, twist, push, pull, and carry items frequently
- Lifting up to 35 lbs. sporadicallyEnvironmental Conditions &
- The employee is regularly exposed to an office and
manufacturing environment with moderate noise. The employee is
occasionally required to wear suitable Personal Protective
Equipment while visiting manufacturing departments, such as safety
- This position may face inclement weather conditions when
- Travel: Limited, less than 5%
Keywords: Masterbilt Incorporated, South Bend , CNC Machinist Apprenticeship, Other , South Bend, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!