Company: Beacon Health System
Posted on: June 22, 2022
3245 Health Drive
Reports to the Director, Assistant Director, Manager, or designee.
In accordance with policies and procedures provides for the daily
scheduling of patients. Prepares reports on the provision of
services to the clinical and/or professional team per established
schedule. Communicates with managers, assistant directors,
supervisory nurses, and recruitment staff to ensure patients are
scheduled appropriately and their needs are being met.
MISSION, VALUES and SERVICE GOALS
* MISSION: We deliver outstanding care, inspire health, and connect
* VALUES: Trust. Respect. Integrity. Compassion.
* SERVICE GOALS: Personally connect. Keep everyone informed. Be on
* Maintains high and up to date knowledge of requirements for all
procedures, protocols and various departments scheduling
* Effectively implements departmental procedure and protocol
updates as they occur (may be communicated through email, updated
guidelines or meetings).
* Demonstrates the ability to work at a fast pace and maintains
accuracy of details for each procedure scheduled.
* Effectively handles rapid changes and the addition of new
* Schedules patient's visits in a timely manner, ensuring that
appointment(s) along with all information is complete and
* Coordinates as needed with other departments.
* Answers phones maintaining a high priority on customer
* Uses tools and resources available to problem solve in an
accurate and timely manner.
* Maintains a basic working knowledge of insurance networks.
* Obtains precertification data from physician's office and does
compliance checking on required procedures.
* Follows established protocol to ensure ordering physician & their
national provider number is in scheduling software prior to
scheduling and uses appropriate mechanism to add if necessary.
* Ensuring patient is being scheduled for correct procedure based
off diagnosis and information given by physician's office per
* At point of scheduling verify orders in Cerner, placed by BMG
physicians, are complete and accurate.
* Verifies that orders are complete and accurate with all necessary
elements of a valid order per policy.
* Works to secure a valid and complete order by communicating to
office when necessary elements of the order, or other important
process information are missing.
* Verifies that procedure scheduled matches order received.
* Works with verification team to ensure a prior authorization is
obtained before patient arrives for testing. Rescheduling /
cancelling patients as needed.
* Schedules patients for ancillary departments through email
request or Order to Trigger process.
* Runs varies reports and completes as necessary.
* Check and follow up on voice mail in a timely manner.
* Demonstrates positive, friendly, confident, cheerful demeanor,
even in stressful situations to ensure a positive experience for
* Communicates in a respectful, positive way with co-workers and
other hospital staff.
* Remains effective, thorough, and open when communicating problems
in scheduling of procedures and sees them to resolution.
* Ensures confidentiality when handling patient information.
* Communicates identified problems to appropriate leadership and
participates in a resolution when necessary.
* Sends d etailed notifications via e-mail as appropriate to
departments for various patient conditions or pertinent patient
information in a timely manner.
* Maintains and organizes e-mail efficiently and effectively.
* Maintains accurate alerts/notes in scheduling system using
Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the department:
* Completes other job-related duties and projects as assigned.
* Monitors office supply needs and notifies appropriate person to
* Assigned Associate receives and stores ordered supplies in a
timely and organized fashion.
* Remains open to learning any tasks in the department and filling
in based on need or vacancy.
* Assists other members of the department to support and enforce
policies and procedures to prevent financial loss.
Associate complies with the following organizational
* Attends and participates in department meetings and is
accountable for all information shared.
* Completes mandatory education, annual competencies and department
specific education within established timeframes.
* Completes annual employee health requirements within established
* Maintains license/certification, registration in good standing
throughout fiscal year.
* Direct patient care providers are required to maintain current
BCLS (CPR) and other certifications as required by
* Consistently utilizes appropriate universal precautions,
protective equipment, and ergonomic techniques to protect patient
* Adheres to regulatory agency requirements, survey process and
* Complies with established organization and department
* Available to work overtime in addition to working additional or
other shifts and schedules when required.
Commitment to Beacon's six-point Operating System, referred to as
The Beacon Way:
* Leverage innovation everywhere.
* Cultivate human talent.
* Embrace performance improvement.
* Build greatness through accountability.
* Use information to improve and advance.
* Communicate clearly and continuously.
Education and Experience
* The knowledge, skills, and abilities as indicated below are
normally acquired through the successful completion of a High
School Diploma or Equivalent. A minimum of 1 to 2 years of
job-related experience is required. Medical terminology is
Knowledge & Skills
* High school or commercial training with classes in typing and
* Ability to keyboard 40 wpm (minimum and file accurately).
* Ability to read, write legibly, and to perform and understand
* Previous scheduling experience in medical background desired.
* Constant exposure to noise and distraction.
* Minimal exposure to environmental hazards.
* Sitting for long periods of time in front of a computer
Keywords: Beacon Health System, South Bend , Patient Scheduler, Other , Granger, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!