Company: Yellow Corporation
Location: South Bend
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Responsible to direct and manage all activities related to drivers
and dockworkers. Utilize resources to move freight in the safest
and most cost-effective manner to meet or exceed customer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop daily delivery plan utilizing equipment, manpower, and
other resources to ensure effective and efficient operations and
that work assignments are completed properly.
* Supervise all activities of drivers and dockworkers responsible
for efficient loading/unloading of trailers along with productive
pick-up and delivery of freight at customer locations.
* Ensure necessary resources of labor, equipment and time are
available to all employees to allow maximum productivity of
* Speak to employee groups and conduct effective pre-shift
* Ensure load quality, timelines, and work efficiency goals are
* Interact daily with internal and external customers to deliver
exceptional customer service to meet and exceed customer
expectations and provide on-time and quality delivery of
* Recruit, develop and retain qualified employees to ensure
effective operations in support of company's mission and goals.
Responsible for the selection, training, motivation and discipline
* Communicate company safety program, trains, and enforces safety
rules and compliance with all government regulations.
* Administer safety programs which encourage a safe work
environment and focus on prevention of accidents and injuries.
* Complete necessary paperwork/data entry accurately and in a
timely manner to ensure an efficient and steady flow of
* Ensure compliance with government, company, and local labor
regulations, policies, and procedures.
* Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major
changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people,
processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change
by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating
with others to make the change successful.
* Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal
styles to establish effective relationships with customers and
internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes
openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's
* Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a team
or work group achieve its goals.
* Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and
concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that helps
them understand and retain the message; listening actively to
* Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for
learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning
opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job
and learning through their application.
* Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work
goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required;
* Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self
and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for
successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing
standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
* Competitive pay based on experience
* Employee selected medical, dental, and vision coverage for you
and your family
* PTO and paid holidays
* 401k Retirement Plan
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Experience in the transportation industry with knowledge of
operations and logistics.
* Effective organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
* Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication
* Demonstrated Leadership and supervisory capabilities.
* Must be flexible, willing to work any schedule, including
weekends and holidays, in all types of weather.
* Bachelor's degree in transportation, business, engineering, or
* Knowledge of local applicable collective bargaining
* Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
* Safety/OSHA knowledge or certifications.
Environmental working conditions vary and employee may encounter
vibration, noise, odors, and extremes in temperature and wind as
well as exposure to varied weather, varied surfaces, sharp edges,
varied lighting and confined and congested areas and occasionally
exposure to petroleum-based products such as gasoline, diesel fuel,
oil, and grease.
The position requires the ability to stand, walk, and maintain
balance for extensive periods of time. Continually speaking and
hearing, giving and receiving directions. Occasionally sit. Seldom
lift up to 50 lbs. Seldom perform repetitive tasks; stretch, turn,
twist, and reach overhead; bend, crouch, squat, kneel and
Yellow Corporation, along with all subsidiary companies, is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Keywords: Yellow Corporation, South Bend , Operations Supervisor, Other , South Bend, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!