Project Leader / Senior Project Leader - Enterprise
Location: North Liberty
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Parexel is in the business of improving the world's health. We
do this by providing a suite of biopharmaceutical services that
help clients across the globe transform scientific discoveries into
new treatments. From clinical trials to regulatory, consulting, and
market access, our therapeutic, technical, and functional ability
is underpinned by a deep conviction in what we do. We believe in
our values; Patients First, Quality, Respect, Empowerment &
We are looking to recruit experienced Project Leader's or Senior
Project Leader's to provide project delivery and oversight to our
Large Enterprise client projects on a global level. Positions are
available in the following locations - UK, Belgium, Germany,
Ireland, Italy, Croatia, Spain, Poland, Romania, Hungary, Czech
Republic, Ukraine, Serbia , Lithuania, Sweden, Finland, Denmark,
Norway and all can be either office or remotely home based.
As the Project Leader (Project Manager) or Senior Project Leader
(Senior Project Manager) you will actively lead the Parexel and
client teams by combining deep clinical research experience with
insight into client pressures in order to develop the right
solution for the client. This requires developing in-depth project
management skills and business understanding, clinical knowledge,
and experience in order to independently make effective decisions
and take action.
You will provide the overall cross-functional leadership of our
clinical trials as well as the project teams to achieve operational
excellence and deliver projects on time, to budget, to the highest
quality as well as being compliant with ICH GCP, and that also meet
client expectations. You will be responsible as the Global Project
Leader for the profitability of a small to midsize project(s) and
client satisfaction, and act as a role model and coach for the
team. You may also assume a support project leader role within a
project leadership team of multiple PLs/PDs on larger project(s).
Project Leaders may also mentor junior staff and Functional Leads
for specific projects to help with their development.
Independently responsible for all Project Leader tasks and
deliverables according to SOPs on assigned projects:
- Develop and maintain a formal project plan with all key
milestones, budgets, and resources assigned to specific tasks and
outcomes.Perform initial and ongoing risk management:
- Identify potential project risks and implement contingency
plans, mitigate actual risks with team members and keep client
informed about risks and contingencies.Manage and ensure first time
quality on the project deliverables :
- Establish quality standards for the project that drive
individual and team commitment to quality.Develop and manage the
client relationship :
- Owns the client relationship at a study level and responsible
for client communication ensuring high client
satisfaction.Understand and own the project P&L :
- Manage the project according to budget with revenue recognition
and forecasting, including resource management, pass-through
management (review, regular reconciliation and forecasting).Manage
the cross-functional project team :
- Enable all stakeholders to achieve successful study completion
while maintaining high client satisfaction.Represent Project
Leadership function :
- Represent Project Leadership Function in external client
meetings and presentations such as Bid Pursuit Meetings,
Investigator Meetings or others as required.Other assigned
- May include non-billable work such as SOP review and lead or
contribute to other organizational initiatives. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a science/medical related field is
- Advanced degree desirable.
- PMP or equivalent desirable.Skills :
- Ability to create a sense of urgency and take a proactive,
- Critical thinking & problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Highly accountable with a strong client focus.
- A flexible attitude with respect to assignments and new
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and
prioritize workload with attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a matrix environment and to value the
importance of teamwork.
- Basic understanding of all aspects of project life-cycle.
- Ability to work independently with oversight guidance.
- Ability to analyze complex/novel situations using existing
tools and resources.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word, and
project planning software.
- Ability to become proficient with Parexel systems.Familiarity
with standard business and eClinical systems used in Clinical
Research - such as CTMS, EDC, IXRS, TMF and project planning
- ICH and GCP regulations in relevant geographies.
- Solid clinical knowledge and basic understanding of clinical
research and protocol design.
- Ability to adopt and work according to Parexel High Performance
Culture (HPC) principles.
- Ability to inspire cross-functional teams to collaborate and
demonstrate ONE Parexel approachKnowledge and Experience:
- Advanced level experience and understanding in any area or
combination of either Early Phase, Phase II-III or Late Phase /IV
clinical project management and demonstrable project leadership
skills are essential.
- In-depth knowledge in any Therapeutic Area is welcome.
- Strong Oncology TA with Early Phase Project Management
experience is highly desirable at present.
- Strong command of written and spoken English language, local
language proficiency is desirable.
- Proven substantial project management experience, preferably in
healthcare, clinical research, or contract research
- Proven track record of developing client relationships at
- Previous CRO experience is strongly preferred, with involvement
in bid defence activities.
- Strong financial management and client relationship skills are
- Applications from candidates with pharma experience will also
be considered.In return we will be able to offer you a structured
career pathway and development within the role including awareness
and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded
with a competitive salary and a benefits package including holiday,
pension, bonus and other leading edge benefits that you would
expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your Parexel journey!
Keywords: PAREXEL, South Bend , Project Leader / Senior Project Leader - Enterprise, Other , North Liberty, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!