Senior Embedded Systems Engineer
Company: Job Juncture
Location: South Bend
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Looking for a coding expert that understands Digital Signal
Processing (DSP) in embedded software systems to create scalable
and optimized high-frequency hydraulic control.
Work for a global leader that specializes in transformational,
custom-engineered friction welding and resistance welding solutions
for manufacturing processes. They make highly specialized machines
for highly critical applications that are used on-site for industry
applications such as aerospace, oil and gas, automotive,
agriculture, construction, consumer product electronics, and
- Designing, developing, coding, testing, and debugging system
- Designing and implementing software of embedded devices and
systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment
in real-time operating systems for high-speed hydraulic
- Analyzing and enhancing efficiency, stability, and scalability
of system resources
- Design, architecture, and programming conventions of new
software applications and be a key player in the improvement
process of existing software.
- Advocate and maintain programming standards, verification, and
validation methods and techniques.
- Integrate and validate new product designs.
- Support software QA and optimize I/O performance.
- Interface with hardware design and development.
- Interpret controls systems requirements from customer
specifications, various project scope documents, and technical
- Implement ANSI and ISO machine design and safety
- Develop technical and electrical controls systems
- Develop machine sequence and control flow charts.
- Develop design documentation such as theory of operation, help
files, machine set-up and operation instructions, and detailed
- Provide technical support to Service Technicians and customers,
- Participate in efforts for the design, architecture, and
programming conventions of Controls applications and be a key
player in the improvement process of existing designs.
- Collaborate with Controls Engineers, Applications Engineers,
and Mechanical Engineers to provide a variety of machine controls
system solutions for the effective operation of Friction
- Promote cultural values and behavior in others (Respectful,
Purposeful, Integrity, Collaborative, Adaptable, Positive Attitude,
Excellence, Effective Communication, Self-motivated, Responsible,
Recognition & Appreciation)
- BS Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical
- 5+ years software engineering work experience
- Hands-on experience in development and troubleshooting on
- C, C++, or C-type language programming skills
- Experience in embedded systems design with deterministic
multitasking real-time operating systems
- Knowledge of Adaptive LMS gradient descent FIR filters, and
digital IIR filters
- Knowledge of Fourier transforms and interpretation in the
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
Nice to haves:
- Siemens and Allen Bradley PLC programming experience
- Understanding of Friction Physics and the applied
- Understanding of Machine Data Collection Integration
- ePLAN experience
- Machine Data Collection and Machine Network Design
- Knowledge of PID Control
- Experience in hydraulic control
Keywords: Job Juncture, South Bend , Senior Embedded Systems Engineer, Other , South Bend, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!