Administrative Generalist Coordinator
Company: Indiana University
Location: South Bend
Posted on: September 22, 2022
DepartmentEVC CAMPUS ACADEMIC AFFAIRS (SB-ACAD-IUSBA)Job
- Oversees and coordinates faculty promotion, tenure and
reappointment processes (including PTR calendar, faculty
reappointment timelines, initial reappointment contracts and
letters for new faculty hires, point-person for international
- Manages and processes HR documentation and processes for both
part-time & full-time faculty (including but not limited to: edocs,
I9, background checks, PAR, PTR documentation/tracking/letters,
faculty leave paperwork, etc.).
- Conducts annual training of academic administrative staff for
completion of faculty hiring and academic edocs.
- Completes monthly edoc audit review and corrections and
- Serves as final campus approvers for edocs, with super approver
- Completes monthly AAR report to the Board of Trustees.
- Communications for EVCAA and Associate Vice Chancellors -
drafting and/or editing.
- Oversees Academic Affairs office daily operations and acts as
backup to the administrative assistant.
- Completes special projects as needed and other duties as
assigned. General Responsibilities
- Evaluates office production, revises procedures, or devises new
forms to improve efficiency of workflow.
- Organizes office operations and procedures, such as creating
Word or Excel files, bookkeeping, and preparation of payrolls, flow
of correspondence, filing, requisition of supplies, and other
- Oversees opening, sorting, and routing of incoming mail,
answers correspondence and prepares outgoing mail.
- Purchases and maintains office supplies and equipment, as well
as budget expense control.
- May allocate tasks and assignments to lower-level appointed
staff and monitors their performance.
- May be part of a team to select and train other staff.
- May work on office projects engaging others to collaborate and
accountable to see through to completion.
- May perform other duties related to maintaining an internal
website and/or working with social media. QualificationsEDUCATION
- High school diploma or GED Preferred
- Bachelor's degree WORK EXPERIENCE Required
- 4 years of relevant experience Combinations of related
education and experience may be considered SKILLS Required
- Proficient communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrates ability to maintain confidential information
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
- Ability to lead/manage others PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint,
- Experience and/or the ability to learn software tools/systems
utilized by the university for communications and operations (e.g.,
Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, hiring, purchasing, travel, and
scheduling) Working Conditions / DemandsThis role requires the
ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and
other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves
sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office
environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to
perform the essential functions with or without an
accommodation.Work LocationIndiana University South Bend
CampusSouth Bend, IndianaAdvertised Salary$42,000 annualJob
ClassificationCareer Level: MasteryFLSA: NonexemptJob Function:
General AdministrationJob Family: Administrative GeneralistClick
here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting
DisclaimerDue to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in
the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings
(e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If
you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or
concerns regarding the working conditions at that time. This
posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised
Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the
discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of
5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit
your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.If you
wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume
when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with
information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy,
which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn
more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment
OpportunityIndiana University is an equal employment and
affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits
discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic
information, marital status, national origin, disability status or
protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate
on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities,
including employment and admission, as required by Title IX.
Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the
U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the
university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of
Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus
Safety and SecurityThe Annual Security and Fire Safety Report,
containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all
Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also
request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at email@example.com
or by visiting IUPD.Contact UsRequest SupportTelephone:
Keywords: Indiana University, South Bend , Administrative Generalist Coordinator, Other , South Bend, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!