Company: Community Health Systems
Posted on: November 24, 2022
$15.80 Starting Rate + Experience Credit Liaison between
registration and ECC medical team. Under the direction of the
Triage nurse provides visual assessment of patients to assist with
the prioritization of patients, relays incoming and outgoing
telephone calls, and operates multiple forms of communication
media. Identifies and responds to code situations. Responsible for
entering patient information into the computer system. Accountable
for collection of co-pays. Monitors alarms and relays house wide
$15.80 Starting Rate + Experience Credit
- ____ Customer Service
- Greets all patients, family members and visitors with a smile
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills necessary in order to
interact effectively and professionally with patients, family
members, and the health care team.
- Recognizes all clients within the ECC Lounge as primary
customers, and facilitates an atmosphere that anticipates their
- Makes sure that the family lounge is kept orderly.
- ____ Communication
- Provides prompt notification to the triage nurse of patient
arrival by way of the walk in entrance.
- Informs patients/families of impending delays and provides
- Receives direct admit patients and informs the triage nurse of
- Provide visual scan of patient upon presentation to assist
triage nurse with prioritization. (Recognizes signs of pain,
shortness of breath, bleeding, active laboring mother, etc)
- Facilitates a smooth flow, both ingress and egress of
patients/visitors utilizing the walk-in entrance.
- May assign patients to triage area or quiet room as directed by
4.____ Office Duties
- Demonstrates good working knowledge of the computerized
- Interviews patient/patient representative to obtain
identification such as patients name, chief complaint, date of
birth, social security number and primary care physician to obtain
a quick ER registration.
- Assist with discharge process and attempts collection of amount
due, while maintaining exceptional customer service skills.
Attempts to schedule a follow up appointment for patient.
- Assist with completion of full registration process ensuring
that complete and accurate billing information is obtained at every
visit. Runs insurance eligibility and provides patient cost
estimate. The employee will insure patient information is entered
correctly before charge is allowed to post.
- Responsible for admissions/transfers and discharges to assure
accurate bed status is maintained.
- Knowledge and completion of government forms as required by
- Completes clerical assignments as directed.
5.____ Operator Duties
- Transfer and relay incoming telephone calls and place outgoing
local and long distance calls.
- Provides approved hospital and patient status information, as
well as directory assistance for outside callers.
- Operates public address system in order to page physicians,
nurses and other hospital personnel upon request.
- Adheres to disaster, emergency, safety and fire policies and
procedures in response to alarms, notices, codes, STAT calls and so
forth by notifying appropriate hospital or outside agency personnel
and specifying areas involved.
- Answers telephone promptly and triage telephone calls to
determine need for care and direct information to the appropriate
nurse or physician. Takes accurate telephone messages when nurses
and physicians are unavailable.
6.____ Transport Duties
- Assures wheelchairs are ready and available for walk-in
- Uses appropriate body mechanics when assisting patient in and
out of chairs/wheelchairs/stretchers.
- Requesting help from the ECC medical team when necessary.
- Transports patient.
- Demonstrates the correct use and storage of wheelchairs and
- ____ Patient Safety
- Demonstrates safe positioning and patient handling
- Assures all direct admissions or outpatients arriving through
the ECC have identification bracelets placed on their person and
parents have identification bracelets to demonstrate accountability
for their children.
- Practices infection control by washing hands between patients
and disinfecting equipment as Assures adequate supply of facial
tissues, hand cleanser for use in lounge area.
- Can verbalize and demonstrate role in lock down
- Must be or become certified in CPR and remain current.
- ____ Privacy
- Works and communicates in a manner which is consistent with
placing high value on patients right to privacy.
- Maintains patient modesty and comfort by properly covering the
patient when transporting.
- Keeps patient information confidential at all times and
conducts him/herself according to the standards and expectations of
the Code of Conduct.
- Maintains high level of patient confidentiality in providing
all aspects of Customer Service and record keeping.
- ____ Efficiency
- Demonstrates ability to adjust work pace to accommodate for
changes in patient volumes.
- Ability to complete all tasks efficiently and accurately with
appropriate follow through.
- Anticipates the needs of the medical team during periods of
- Assists with registration and discharge processes.
- ___ Age Appropriate Competency
Demonstrates age appropriate competency skills and knowledge,
displays ability to perform skills specific to patient population
identified in unit specific skill list:
(Mark age specific of patients served in assigned unit)
_____Infant _____Child _____Adolescent _____Adult
(Mark age specific of patients served in alternative units
_____Infant _____Child _____Adolescent _____Adult
- Contributes to Kosciusko Community Hospital performance
- Assures protection and privacy of medical information as
obtained through electronic, written or oral disclosure.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Must be a high school graduate or the equivalent. Medical
Education and Formal Training Required:
Completed a Certified Medical Assistant program or 1st Responder
course with up to date certification. If you dont have the above
you must obtain hospital certification for an ECC Registration
Basic Medical Emergency Course within 180 days of employment
Prior patient care and direct customer service experience is
Must be able to lift 50 pounds and stand/walk 50% of the
Must be able to type 35-40 wpm in order to use computer terminal
and to timely enter patient data.
Must be able to work flexible hours including, weekends, holidays
and/or overtime as needed.
Normal patient care environ
Keywords: Community Health Systems, South Bend , Registrar ER, Other , Warsaw, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!